Posture?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, i got some ideas for a single-speed from Multipass's Low-buck Fixie sticky in the Other Bikes section and put together a freewheeled single from an early 80s mountain bike and other parts i had laying around. everything works pretty well and the frame fits me without jacking the seatpost up ridiculously high, but my hands get tingly and my neck hurts after i ride it a little. does this sound like my upper body is too extended while riding? i want to get in a more upright position similar to my cruiser bike if the geometry permits.

any suggestions on practical remedies will be appreciated. i'm guessing that handlebars would be something to look at, but i'm not sure about ape hangers on a mountain bike :wink:

maybe root around for another goose neck? i have one that i found on one bike or another that's longer than normal and the clamp for the handlebar's just forward of tube going down into the fork. i don't permanantly use it on any bike. i throw it on to make up for handlebars that don't quite sit how i like 'til i can find better ones.

Picture006.jpg

like this bike needs wider longer bars but i use these with the long goose neck 'til i can find or win some off ebay. might be worth looking for as a permanent part of your bike.

thanks, guys! yeah, after more research and your suggestions, i think it's definitely the handlebars. the bike has those Bull Moose type bars that were apparently popular during the 80s and i guess i'm just over-extended with no flex at the elbows.

i thinks it's a 1" stem, so i'm limited on what i can pull out of my pile, but there's probably something in there that'll be an improvement.

Back