Poor Man’s Manta Ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These bikes are nice riders. I love my manta-clone.
CD754BA7-7AAC-4693-B212-2BDEAC5FF90F.jpeg

We have........

"Winter"
Dead lawn
Pollen season
More pollen
Clover season
Hot
Hot
Hot
"Fall" where all leaves come down and disappear in one week
Back to "winter"
Here we have two seasons expressed two ways; rainy (late May thru early October) and dry season (late October thru early May). They also are called tourist season and not tourist season. Though the lines are blurred on those.

Last edited:
You can't believe how tough "mud season" is. Sun is out, trees are green, birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, trails are completely unrideable
Yes but that's a lot of allergy season. 6 months of the year everything is dead here.
Our trails are rideble I use them and the best part is if I fall I bounce from all the clothing.

These bikes are nice riders. I love my manta-clone. View attachment 225364
I LOVE this bike and have been secretly stalking it on this site!!!!

I have a 26” camelback I’m going to ‘merge’ with a Womens collegiate that has that front freewheel system you have on this.

I’m also searching for a nicely patiana’d 5 speed shfter for the ‘full Monty’

finally, I dig the chainring, but Im also going to try to save and use the chain guard as well…. We’ll see what happens: this bike is super cool and I’m incorporating a lot of the work you did on my builds.

Last edited:
I can’t leave well enough alone:

Tear down and scrub up continues:

I degreased and scrubbed everything again.

The degreaser was a bit strong so I put WD-40 on the paint to shine and protect until I get the BLO on.

View attachment 225373View attachment 225372
Durning the skinny build off all the skinny bikes looked out of place in the garages full of cruisers. In your area it's completely flipped 🤣.

Durning the skinny build off all the skinny bikes looked out of place in the garages full of cruisers. In your area it's completely flipped 🤣.
I know it! -it just sort of happened!!!!!!

I had to laugh….. one of the Syracuse Classic Bike guys was describing my bikes or builds to one of his friends and he described me as a “10-speed guy.”

I was like, uh….. we’ll, I guess you’re right!

I know it! -it just sort of happened!!!!!!

I had to laugh….. one of the Syracuse Classic Bike guys was describing my bikes or builds to one of his friends and he described me as a “10-speed guy.”

I was like, uh….. we’ll, I guess you’re right!
Nothing wrong with that it refreshing we seem to lean to a style here and yours stick out there different and so many 10 speeds to be found to lots to play with. My everyday bike is a skinny tire.

Back