Poetic Licence.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SUICIDAL TENDENCIES

Institutionalized---

" All I wanted was a PEPSI" :x :x

At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne. Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God. Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:

"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."

Revelation 4:2-11

A true story in my Life
What if..What if..What if..

I worked very hard after my Divorce to remove "What if" from my
brain.
I rambled on and on for about a year until a good friend of mine
was through with Compasion and he sat me down for a Talk. :roll:

He looked at me and said this,

Enough of The "What if's" Kev.
"If your Aunt had a dink, she would be your Uncle"
"And it's no more complicated than that"

I laughed...and it STUCK!

so now I try not to use the word "Should" and I have replaced it with
the word "Could"

and it's no more complicated than that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"sometimes the rainbow is better than the pot of gold"

I have always liked that one.
Kinda goes with the building of a bicycle, the fun of designing it and constructing it and watching your dream become reality, but when it's done....it's just, well, uh, done.
You look at the final product and smile, but the fun of bringing it all together was really the rainbow part.

not inspirational. but i wanted to share with Kev (and the other canuks)
ANOTHER five iron frenzy song "oh, Canada"
I even found it on youtube so you can lsten. Everytime i hear it, i laugh.
I hope no one is offended...
enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIrmPEyt0Nc
Welcome to Canada, it's the Maple Leaf State.
Canada, oh Canada it's great!
The people are nice and they speak French too.
If you don't like it, man, you sniff glue.
The Great White North, their kilts are plaid,
Hosers take off, it's not half bad.
I want to be where yaks can run free,
Where Royal Mounties can arrest me.
Let's go to Canada, let's leave today,
Canada, oh, Canada, I Sil Vous Plait.
They've got trees, and mooses, and sled dogs,
Lots of lumber, and lumberjacks, and logs!
We all think it's kind of a drag,
That you have to go there to get milk in a bag.
They say "eh?" instead of "what?" or "duh?"
That's the mighty power of Canada.
I want to be where lemmings run into the sea,
Where the marmosets can attack me.
Please, please, explain to me,
How this all has come to be,
We forgot to mention something here.
Did we say that William Shatner is a native citizen?
And Slurpees made from venison,
That's deer.

Gald you liked it Kev, FIF is probably my favorite band. did you listen to the file attached?
I only have one lyric reference in that song i have never found the answer to- "milk in a bag"?
What sthat all about?

?

"I want to be where lemmings run into the sea,
Where the marmosets can attack me.
Let's go to Canada, let's leave today"

Marmosets are native to Brazil, man.

Don't these punks even know how to use google?

I'm offended. :wink:

P.S. office firewall still scanning U-tube file...

Milk in a Bag...

Milk in a bag was some time ago...I mean SOME time ago, when I was a kid, the mid 70s.

It was an attempt to be green before green was cool. Get rid of cartons in the garbage, they didn't recycle them back then. Right in the landfill.

We had milk delivery at the time...so the milk man came to the house and we had a milk chute, remember those anyone? So milk came in bags about 14"high by maybe 6" across and that was a litre. You would get a bag of 4 of these litre bags. Sometimes the bags would break in the chute, Mom would freak! You had to buy special plastic pitchers to put the milk in...milk still in the bag that fit in these pitchers. Then just snip the corner off and pour! When the thing was 3/4 empty the bag would slip out of the pitcher and flip your glass on the floor and Mom would freak!

Eventually...you could specify if you wanted cartons or bags. We got cartons from then on...couldn't have Mom freakin' all the time.

P.S. listened to the tune...sounds like a 'Barenaked Ladies' rip off, maybe that is another reason they want to come to Canada :wink: LOL seriously, good sound, kinda happy swing rock kinda like ahhhhhh the Barenaked Ladies, eh?

they were a ska band, and everything they wrote is VERY tounge-in-cheek...that song is 7-8 years old and they broke upa few years back.

Ska

Ahhh so that is ska...

Maybe BNL have ska roots :wink:

Back