Please help I.D. this loop tail

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flash didnt let the Serial number come up. The number is, 00196 I JUST EDIDTED THIS AND POSTED MORE PICTURES. HOPEFULLY IT WILL HELP OUT TO DETERMINE THE CORRECT MAKE AND MODEL.
IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

I dont' know but I like it.

My guess would be something newer base on the looptail design and the kickstand plate area. 1980's

Hmmm...yeah, you're right.

I'm sure one of the BMX junkies will jump in at any moment and nail it down. :lol:

Ha Ha...not hardly...I can identify the obvious stuff, but when it's the more obscure brands I'm lost.

You think you know what you're talking about and then you go over to the BMX Museum and see these guys ID some of this stuff and you realize just how much you don't know. :lol:

I know, seriously.
I have the same pics posted in the bmx museum as well so they can help me id it also.

i was thinking gary littlejohn at first but most of those bmx style frames like that had a straight bar for the down tube. everything i see screams s&s but like you said, that kickstand area is throwing me off. cook bros. made one as well.

Interesting, So it's definitely a rare one i believe because all the bmx gurus here on this site have chimed in and are stumped. They all say its an S&S, but then they say no, its not

right, everything looks like an s&s newport except that gusset at the kickstand area. i'm intrigued now :)

me too, thats why i traded my friend who posted this here a while ago when he had it, but i traded him some old parts for the frame and fork and nobody knows the brand, lol does that mean its a department store bike? would the serial number help? 00196

I'll roll the dice.....early 80's Laguna 26" BMX ?, its the only guess I have.. :shock:

Its called a MEGA Cal Cruiser, made in the same factory as POWERLITE. Its pretty rare

Back