please help!! Hawthorne?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just on craigslist and came across this bike I tried to look up what it was and could not find anything besides that it has a Shockmaster springer fork. but I was so curious I had to buy it haha. please help. if you happen to know the model and year that would be great! serial#C63171 (sorry for the crappy pictures they were the ones off CL)

Last edited:
Looks like it may be late-prewar (40-41) becouse of the curved downtube. Fenders might be CWC like the fork, I think they are both of the same era as the frame. I am far from an expert, someone will correct me if I am wrong. Nice find, I would have snagged it too.

Looks like it may be late-prewar (40-41) becouse of the curved downtube. Fenders might be CWC like the fork, I think they are both of the same era as the frame. I am far from an expert, someone will correct me if I am wrong. Nice find, I would have snagged it too.
here is the plate. but the sticker is some tshirt brand the kid put on

Last edited:
I'd agree with BriInRi, and add that I really like the combo of parts. That's a great base for a Rat build.
I would have picked it up too if the price felt right, and obviously it did. Cool find.
the kid was tough at 40 bucks wouldnt budge haha but I had to have it

40 bucks!... What a steal! (I still would have tried to talk him down too). You got a killer bike for $40. Nice plate, I like how it is hanging from chains!

Back