Pinstriping Snail Mail Panel Jam

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karfer67 said:
mine is blue flake and it was rattle can too

what kind of flake can is it? ive been lookin for one for a long time. i know there is the micro flake stuff like testors and autozone kind. but i think there is some kind of roth can or somethin out there. im lookin for one that has flake like a 3/4 helmet.

im just guessing but id say dupicolors metal specks blue probably....
paneljam.jpg

i think i left enough room for 4 others.....

i will post mine later and who is sending to who? sensor u want to meet up to trade or snail mail it?

i really hope this goes down cuz this is how my panel began...LOL

FUCK002.jpg

that was a smeary half hour clean up. and all in the hairs and my favorite slippers. 8)

well even if its just us 3 im still all for it....
and it could be worse....i bumped a cup of clear once at work directly into my respirator...ive also spilled primer into a new pair of boots(first day i wore them to work :roll: )
i wont even mention about how many times ive set my pants on fire when welding 1/4 panels in :lol:

sensor said:
and it could be worse....i bumped a cup of clear once at work directly into my respirator...ive also spilled primer into a new pair of boots(first day i wore them to work :roll: )
i wont even mention about how many times ive set my pants on fire when welding 1/4 panels in :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe i should have just layed my panel down in it and sent it out. like the blob on a card therapy thing. " ok and tell me what you see here". :lol:

sensor said:

new 3M mix cup slipped out of my hand hit the ground flat, splashed up in my eyes, mouth and nose!!

nobody around, now walking around like Frankenstein trying to find the eye wash station (garden hose)

FINALLY!! relief only to get em busted by the other painter as he walked in for playing in the hose :roll:

why is it then spray paint is just not agreeing with me anymore?
i got the metal all cut down cleaned it .. sprayed it and have bubbles coming threw ..like spots on the metal that just wont take the paint .. im so used to working with glass ..
so dont mind if one side is one color and the other side is a differnt color guys krylon isnt my friend this week

those are fisheyes coming through......clean the panel with a wax & grease remover,lightly sand the whole panel down with 500-600 wet,clean again with wax & grease remover, then do really light(thin) coats over the panel and it should take care of it...if you dont have wax & grease remover windex will work(just not as well....and side note if you do use wax &g rease remover...make sure you dont let it air dry or itll cause more fisheyes....wipe it until its dry with a clean paper towel)
glad to hear theres one more panel!
see now theres an even 4

i have had that happen when it is real cold out. that or whatever you used to clean the panel left a residue on the metal then when you sprayed it the paint just did not jive. mine i just shot it white first then hit it with the blue. i did wipe the dust off first though :mrgreen:

ive never done a panel jam b4 but if i can id like to join in. im still learning but i think i could add to this if thats cool?

BillyOlds said:
ive never done a panel jam b4 but if i can id like to join in. im still learning but i think i could add to this if thats cool?

well i'd say 5 hands on a 18 by 8 is already gettin pretty tight. member "Chris Stapley" was showin interest in doin a swap with someone. maybe you guys could throw one together. or wait till next round. id say contact him and post up some pics!

Chris Stapley said:
Wow.

Wish I'd have known this was happening, I'd have loved to have been involved. Next time, please think of me as well, anyone who'd like to just swap a

panel contact me and we'll set something up. I was involved in a panel called the Worldwide Panel last winter that went around a bunch of European countries,

the USA and ended in my place in Ontario Canada. I finished my lines and brought it to the Detroit Autorama in February for the Charity Auction. We had a ball

with this panel and it turned awesome.

Cheers,

Chris Stapley
Percy Boom Panel Swap & Cursed Studios...

i say bring it the more the merrier. i saw a panel done at autrorama with 10 artists on it and that was awsome. i am down to add another artist in but who wants my panel???? i am ready to swap

Back