Picked up this little nugget o' crustiness......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snagged this 24" Murray Missile today. I plan on parting it out in the next few weeks so for anyone that lives in the Allentown, PA area or nearby, keep your eyes peeled.

3F33Hc3ld5W15F65Hdcbmdc8f2292cd061701 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr

3Kd3Me3F95I85Ee5J6cbm15441964bc491d42 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr

3E63G63Ie5N15Gd5F8cbm4ad82baec8251585 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr

I only plan on keeping the crank assembly, seat, pedals, chain guard, handlebars, grips, the bell and maybe the tank. The rest of the bike will be up for grabs as soon as I get a chance to tear it down. The rims appear to not be tweaked out of whack, they just need some TLC. Might be a great project for someone that wants to build a ride for their little rat rodder.

Cool Murray score, I have seen 26 Missiles but I'm not sure I saw a 24 before but I haven't been into older bikes as long as the other members here.

dragnusa said:
Sweet bike Its a shame to see something like that get stripped down.

I agree with you 100%. Sadly I have no use for a 24" bike. If I had a mini-me it would be a totally different ball game. I'd trick it out all sorts of awesome then.

kngtmat said:
Cool Murray score, I have seen 26 Missiles but I'm not sure I saw a 24 before but I haven't been into older bikes as long as the other members here.

Thanks, I only wish it were 26". I'd clean it up and ride it until the fenders fall off if it were.

I'm a little surprised there are any left around there! Back in 2005, I won an eby auction for 54 vintage bikes, from across the border in Alpha, I think. That was when the madness started all over again! :lol: -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
I'm a little surprised there are any left around there! Back in 2005, I won an eby auction for 54 vintage bikes, from across the border in Alpha, I think. That was when the madness started all over again! :lol: -Adam

Woah! That's a lot of bikes! I was selling the bike minus tank and rear rack. My girlfriend saw it in the garage today and has since claimed it lol. No worries, it's pretty awesome that she also loves old bikes. She just hates when I spend a bunch of money on them haha. So I'll probably spend the next few weeks cleaning it up for her to ride.....I'm not giving up the tank and rear rack though.

I never understood the "Part-Out" is that for people who only know how to take things apart..? And cant put em back together..!.. :roll:

Latest posts

Back