Picked up a JC Higgins Colorflow, What do I have?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I picked up this JC Higgins Colorflow this morning at the flea market. Its very straight and is rust free. Theres only one dent on the front fender and one on the edge of the carrier. The tires are great and the bike rides very nice. The saddle is an original Troxel that is in great shape. I see the original colors were green and light green. I've included pictures of the serial number, can anyone tell me when this bike was made?

It looks to be missing the top front fender brace. Anyone know where I can pick one up? Also the tank relfectors and horn are missing. Does anyone make repop reflectors?

Any thoughts or opinions on this bike?

jccolorflow1.jpg

jccolorflow2.jpg

jccolorflow3.jpg

jccolorflow4.jpg

jccolorflow5.jpg

jccolorflow6.jpg

jccolorflow7.jpg

jccolorflow8.jpg

jccolorflow9.jpg

jccolorflow10.jpg

jccolorflow11.jpg

jccolorflow12.jpg

Once I get my current project finished I'll probably tackle this bike and start by giving it a bath in paint stripper. I'm thinking this would look nice two-tone, black and candy apple red.

Thanks for the info on the date on manufacture and the frame make guys.

Tanksalot, I've seen pictures of your bike and I definitely like it. I've actually had a complete JC Higgins skirt guard setup on the shelf waiting for that special build but, now that I have this bike I'll offer those up for sale. I definitely like the color combo on yours. Would you happen to know the paint specs for those colors and if they are available commercially?

The Dark Green paint is very easy to match . My bike has had two Tanks, My first tank was in so so shape so I rebuilt it & painted it the Dark Green. I used Rustoleum Id say its a 99% color match..Then I found the Tank thats on the bike now. The light Green Sea Foam was my prefered color choice for my first tank.The Sea Foam Green is Evil to match to the original color I was trying & came close but when you have other parts with the original paint its a whole different game I even tried a Dupont computer color mix match.I dont know the paint specs But what is nice about your bike you have a blank canvas so you can go with any color combo that you want to. If you use a boys frame You need to keep the girls sprocket & chain guard to make the skirt guards work.( I used a girls sprocket & boys crank arms on mine.)
kscheel said:
Thanks for the info on the date on manufacture and the frame make guys.

Tanksalot, I've seen pictures of your bike and I definitely like it. I've actually had a complete JC Higgins skirt guard setup on the shelf waiting for that special build but, now that I have this bike I'll offer those up for sale. I definitely like the color combo on yours. Would you happen to know the paint specs for those colors and if they are available commercially?

Back