Picked this up yesterday...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two years ago to the month I stopped at a local flea market and scored a 50's CCM in ridable condition (I rode it to check my mail just today even :D ) for 50 bucks. Yesterday my son and Istopped in there and the same vendor had this for 80 bucks,after a good chat about bikes (and military servic,the older gentleman and myself are both vets :wink: ) he dropped the price down to....50 bucks,LOL!

001.jpg

011.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

It's not a Columbia,that tank isn't original (and not quite a perfect fit). IDK if the pics show enough to see it,but "ROADMASTER" is written on the chaingaurd...
009.jpg

24" wheels if you couldn't tell also. any ideas on what it is,when it was made? It will most likely be Spring,but I want to rebuild this one,as close to original as I can manage. I lurk here lots,post little (since I've never actually rebuilt or ratted a bike,only building up/maintaining my much mre modern bikes,LOL! :oops: ),but I am as far as teardown on my first bike rebuild (not this bike,it'd be next on the block)...the point? Not doing it to flip,but to enjoy. Thanks. :)

Ratina: That's what I was thinking (AMF/RM) after looking around on here (LOTS) last night,thanks. The sprocket looks like it's never been off-though in 50-60 years of "life" of the bike,LOL,it'd be hard-placed to tell I suppose :p I'll check that thread,thanks for the tip an dhelp :)

Wildcat: Thanks,my friend! See,I wouldn't have known what to look for in wheels for originality-what was the give-away? (and thank you :) )

DisabledCyclist, thank you for your service to this nation of ours! It can't be said enough. That bike looks cool as all heck!

Thanks,guys (parts guy-thank you for your thanks too,my friend. Seems like so long ago,LOL,at 39,my service was October 91-October '94 :p-but I will never forget)

Back