PHOTOGRAPHING YOUR BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome!
monkshoot.gif

That is cool. I've turned into the bad photographer lately. I compensate for my poor photographs by snapping a lot of them and then selectively editing. When I photograph a bike I usually pop off about 50 frames.

Thank you for posting this! I was needing something like this but wasn't sure how to go about it!

Thats a sweet setup! I love wite out shots like that. Most of my photography is on location but Ill have that setup soon!!

I'm not sure about photo shopping the prop stick out.I mean thats sorta false advertisement,people will think the bike can stand straight itself. :lol:

Here's my photo tip for the forum. This is for outdoor photography. Find a place where your bike will be in the sun, but the background is in deep shade. This photo of my wife's Starlet was taken facing south, the dark bushes in the background are a privet hedge facing north. The sun was in the WSW, which means the light would be coming from the upper right in the pic. The time was late afternoon, almost evening when the sun was getting low. The bike is pointing SW(more or less) and the sun is catching it at an angle. Early morning or late evening is the best light. B607
DSC03210.jpg

Another tip is to find your bike's element, meaning a background that will bring your bike out. Here's some examples

IMG_9677.jpg

IMG_8952.jpg

And never be afraid to play with angles.

Or you could follow Dan's example (see some of his other pics) & get a model that takes the attention off the bike completely... :lol:

emanon said:
Or you could follow Dan's example (see some of his other pics) & get a model that takes the attention off the bike completely... :lol:

OOPs! They're onto me! (Dan packs all his bags and skips town, hoping that no-one else has caught wind of his shenanigans.) lol

Back