Phoenix

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Phoenix, risen up from ashes.
IMG_4316.jpeg
IMG_4317.jpeg
IMG_4318.jpeg
IMG_4320.jpeg
IMG_4321.jpeg
IMG_4322.jpeg

IMG_4324.jpeg

IMG_4323.jpeg

Last edited:
Hooray, im not the only one.........fire pit for paint stripping....only when neighbors are out!!!! :cool:
Got no neighbors this time of year, there all in that shite Florida place. We cut our old cabin off the foundation with worn out chain saw chains and bar, pulled it off the foundation with a giant come-a-long attached to a tree and I burned it to save demolition costs. That was this time of year. Our contractor built our current home in the winter.

Hooray, im not the only one.........fire pit for paint stripping....only when neighbors are out!!!! :cool:
That was my feeble attempt at forge brazing the head tube extensions on. The springer fork tube was too long for the frame I was using and the headset was larger than the old road frame. It looks bad but worked. Paint removal, in the fire was a just a bonus.

I’ll get around to it.
Slow site, 5 seconds to show the letter you typed. Then after all the struggling your post disappears. Then there is the Oops, something’s wrong notice I get. Sometimes it’s a normal site like my other blogs, sometimes it’s a pain. This is why I don’t post much here anymore. What, I’ll post of the build will be photos, too much bother with words. You all will have to figure out what’s going on. Doing this post it disappeared and I had to do it again and I got the oops notice.

Last edited:
Slow site, 5 seconds to show the letter you typed. Then after all the struggling your post disappears. Then there is the Oops, something’s wrong notice I get. Sometimes it’s a normal site like my other blogs, sometimes it’s a pain. This is why I don’t post much here anymore. What, I’ll post of the build will be photos, too much bother with words. You all will have to figure out what’s going on. Doing this post it disappeared and I had to do it again and I got the oops notice.
Strange

When I've had problems with this site a quick reboot has taken care of it. Cool project!
I tried that, doesn’t work. I’m now posting a few words, then editing and posting and repeat. Otherwise if I’m not quick everything disappears. I can’t see what I type as it takes five seconds for each character to appear.

Last edited:
English 1940s post WWII gravel pit/bomb crater racing. Homemade bicycles with springer suspension, wide bars and drum brakes.
IMG_0811.jpeg

French Velocross bicycle from 1950s.
IMG_2985.jpeg
IMG_3374.jpeg

650b rims and wide touring tires, shifter modified to mount on bars and derailleur bash cage.
please wait an hour to comment as I post in small sections and save and add more. I’m not done with a post for half hour. This is the third attempt as it keeps disappearing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back