PHOENIX ( fire rat )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this forum and have been excited to post pics of my bike the Phoenix. There are old pics in here from way back before it was finished. They were posted by ACD, a fellow Maine bike builder and friend. He said I should join the group but I didn't have a good enough pc or digital camera. I finally got some pics today of the Phoenix. The pc still sucks but I'm giving it a go. I have seen alot of the bikes in hear like "ollis" ( think I spelled that right ) forkless bike and I have to admit its quite intimidating .I respect the comments you guys have made, and hope you like the bikes I build .
SDC10321.jpg
SDC10328.jpg

The Phoenix startedout as a rollfast frame that was crushed under a riding lawn mower and a refrigerator in the back of a scrap truck . It was bent right between the seat posts and dead to the world . I heated and straightened the frame just to see if I could and the out come was this
firefly1st.jpg

It was kind of a joke because I set the back end on fire using brake clean and rode it around my work parking lot. The can sprayed the brake clean down the back seatpost right in front of the rear tire . But it started a big problem. My boss and coworkes keep egging me on to get bigger flames. I wasn't going to give in and paid attention to giving it a make over with the help of a H.G. Higgens. I built the front tank into the frame trying to make it look like it belonged, and the spinger kept my boss scratching his head for weeks thinking that " it can't be on right " but no sooner did I get it done up then ACD droped a fire extinguisher at my feet and said " what can you do with this" 2 weeks later and I was shooting water 50 feet out the back. That's right water I'm crazy but not stupid and that was as far as I was going to go. I soaked cars on rt 1, tailgaters beware. It was fun messing with road workers when they shut down rt1 for 3 months (even though I still had to go to work)
firefly2nd.jpg

But then IT happend. I was called out on the whole fire breathing bike I said I was building. So the propane pilots was added and the camp heating fuel was added, the tank was pumped to 90 psi and ......I waited two more days scared to death about lighting it up but when I did ACD was there.
firefly4th.jpg

UHH, I love the bike! But if you ever make it down to MA, I'm NOT riding behind ya.

Hi everyone . Thanks for your comments. I get the darwin thing alot Im hoping to post more pics soon . I'm not happy with how the pics came out that I took yesterday and am going to try again soon. "Cman" I dont know were ACD is I was hoping I would find him in here . I lost contact with him when I moved so .....I do know he was big into mopeds and had a website . I can't for the life of me remember what it was so if you know it or you know were ACD is ( or you are ACD ) let me know.

i wasn't thinking tandem when i first looked at it, so i had to look again. i don't know about the pyrotecnics, but it looks like a good cruising bike.

found acd yet?
i know his forum was called scootdawg other than that havent seen him on here in a long time(i do remember the video he posted of this bike also :mrgreen: )
glad you found your way here

widowmaker said:
I'm new to this forum and have been excited to post pics of my bike the Phoenix.

well, with that Phireball Phoenix it won't be long before everybody knows you! that's nuts!

insane pyrotechnics aside, that's one wild bicycle! nice work, widowmaker.

i love the pyro's on it. the bike is sweet anyway, but thats the molten icing on the cake.

this bike is soooo awesome i love bikes that are a bit dangerous as well. makes me wish i had followed through with a flame thrower on the build off bike. and no there will be no fire like that at the rodeo sorry the local law enforcement like me and i would like to keep it that way thank you

Back