Phat Finds...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on the black bike this afternoon...coming along! :)

I was able to get the Nexus 7 speed in there no problem. The chain only has about 2mm clearance from the tire but
NO rubbing!! :) Next step is to build the suicide shifter.

b50bcd96.jpg

0eca40d7.jpg

2cfb8aba.jpg

3706169e.jpg

a7a82542.jpg

you have quite the storage unit there...id like to come pick it and buy some stuff(bikes) lol

dvnport said:
you have quite the storage unit there...id like to come pick it and buy some stuff(bikes) lol

LOL...need to start selling some stuff off to make room for more projects! :)

ED-PV said:
dvnport said:

LOL...need to start selling some stuff off to make room for more projects! :)

lol hit me up on pm if you got some parts to sell :) thankz

Beautiful bikes! My wife has a 2000 Phat Business Class chopper. I went to the Phat headquarters in California (Huntington Beach, I think) years ago and everyone there was really cool and completely into bikes.

DesignIt said:
Beautiful bikes! My wife has a 2000 Phat Business Class chopper. I went to the Phat headquarters in California (Huntington Beach, I think) years ago and everyone there was really cool and completely into bikes.

Would LOVE to check out the headquarters! I have several Phat Bikes (as well as plenty of others) and I still love their design (even the ones that are over 5 years old still look cool!!).

Those Phats turned out great! I really dig the orange rims on the black bike. They almost have as good of a stance as your Mustang... almost. :D

John

DesignIt said:
Those Phats turned out great! I really dig the orange rims on the black bike. They almost have as good of a stance as your Mustang... almost. :D

John

Thanks John! I appreciate it!

Couldn't leave well enough alone...wanted to see if I could squeeze a 100mm (4") rim on the back of the yellow one. I had a 100mm rim that I laced onto a nexus 3 speed hub...messed around with some spacers and it looks and works GREAT! :)

054ae1eb.jpg

a1c5b817.jpg

db0145b1.jpg

6a9ebc5c.jpg

DesignIt said:
Okay... it just keeps getting better. I love the look of the yellow bike with the new rim. Where did you find the 4" rim?

Thanks! I actually had the rim from a parts lot I bought a while back. I will do some asking around and see if I can find you the place to get them new.

switchblade said:
They both look really good. but i like the black and orange one beter

Kind of agree with you Switchblade, but it's like having two kids...can't really say you have a favorite (at least not publicly) :)

Oh yea, very nice redo, flat black is a great color for parts .That frames is awesome smooth,
Nice job!

Back