Pgh.,Pa. "Kool Kats" pike2bike invitational ride,May 26th.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hello , the Pittsburgh,Pa. "Kool Kats" bike club will be hosting an invitational ride on the "pike2bike" bike trail in Breezewood,Pa. on sunday May 26th. , the pike2bike trail is a closed section of the original Pa. Turnpike that was closed in 1968 , it has 2 tunnels on it , Rays Hill & Sideling Hill , the shortest and longest tunnels on the turnpike , 1/4 mile and 1 1/4 mile , and was featured in the Viggo Mortison movie "the Road". This ride (like all our rides) is open to anyone on any kind of bicycle . Anyone that can make it is invited . We hope that some of our eastern brothers from Philly & New Jersey will be able to make it as well as some central Pa. & Maryland riders,the more the better!, this is the sunday before Memorial Day , we will meet at the Breezewood,Pa. trailhead at 11 am. and ride out at 12 noon , details and directions can be found here at http://www.pike2bike.org

Re: Pgh.,Pa. "Kool Kats" pike2bike invitational ride

C'mon ,Jersey Devils.....I bet ya yall wont bring more of your members than WE bring...... Maybe we should bring some Kool Kat shirts to barter? What say ya,Herman?

I would love to see the Devils make this ride!,if it works out maybe we could make an annual event out of it,say meeting at a different location in central Pa. every year, maybe Gettysburg next year?. While we don't have a "support" shirt we do sell (or trade) our regular shirts to Ratrodbikers in good standing thereby becomming "at large" members, we have 2 at large members right now, one in California and one in Georgia

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. This sounds like fun. How hard is the ride? Just asking to see if the lil riders might make it. I just got the old Schwinn I bought at Show and Swap Meet in riding condition tonight.

Good to hear from you Wildrice,the ride is a fairly easy one,the little ones should have no trouble at all and we will be doing a few stops along the way for sightseeing,plus we won't be in any hurry so come on up!

As of now we will plan to be there. I tried to get directions on the website but it didn't work. You may have to send directions to me. Sounds like a fun time.

wildrice,I just tried it and it worked for me,go to the 1st. post and click on the link,scroll down to the bottom and click on directions,scroll down to the maps. If it doesn't work let me know and I'll post the directions, Here's the link again http://www.pike2bike.org

Got it. Thanks. Myself and both my rugrats are planning on coming up.
Will be riding this. 1961 Schwinn
Misc_001-vi.jpg

Found out about this one too late. :( If you do another run there later in the year, I'd love to give it a go.

Good to hear from you Bigcam,sorry you can't make it,if any of the other Devils can make it,it's 3 weeks away on Sunday May 26th.

Well so far you and me,Floyd and his neighbors Adam & Darlene,Kazbug & his wife,wildrice & his two boys

Yes myself and the two boys will be there. Should be fun. How long is the ride?

Kermit must be camping that weekend. Terry? Jeff? Jersey Devils? Wow,wishin a better turnout. Either way, it'll be FUN!. Ill have the GoPro on......

Wildrice,the ride is 8 1/2 miles each way,that's why we meet at 11am and ride out at noon,gives us tons of time to ride/explore/sight see , Al,Kermit said they would try but Diana has been working 6 days lately, have not heard back from Terry yet,thought for sure Dogdart would have responded by now ?

Yes I am planning on going. My 41 DX is ready just need to go over my wife's 55 hornet

2 weeks away (Sunday May 26th.),I heard from Terry S.,he might be bringing his candy red 3 speed stretch

Back