Peugeot Mixte & a lugged Ross MB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not real antiques or anything but still a pair of cool old bikes. It's a shame the front fender and the light on this one are bashed in.
My other Peugeot is from Taiwan, but this one is made in France with Simplex components.
1mixte.jpg

mixte3.jpg

I love the bars may have to try to straighten them.
2mixte.jpg

mixte4.jpg

It is 21" from the center of the BB to the top of the seat tube. If you see anything on it you are interested in make me an offer.
This one is appears to be an early Ross 10 Speed mountain bike, with a really nice lugged frame. It needs a bit of work but I think it would be worth it. What do you think?
rossmb1.jpg

rossmb4.jpg

rossmb3.jpg

some aluminum platform pedals
rossmb5.jpg

& a neat old odometer
rossmb6.jpg

This one has a 23" frame. Anybody know if it is worth anything? I'm tempted to put it back to working order & sell my old Mongoose XR200 that I use for trail riding.

Are the wheels on the Ross rusty, or are they gold-colored? Seems I remember talk of a fairly desireable Ross MTB that had wheels that were anodized a gold color.

I have a Schwinn LeTour that looks very much like your Peugeot there. May even have the same frames.

charliechaindrive said:
would you sell the handlebars off the, ross?
Go ahead and get the ones from Mblue6 at this point I am planning to put this Ross back to 100% factory stock working order.
Toeslider said:
Are the wheels on the Ross rusty, or are they gold-colored? Seems I remember talk of a fairly desireable Ross MTB that had wheels that were anodized a gold color.

I have a Schwinn LeTour that looks very much like your Peugeot there. May even have the same frames.

The rims on the Ross are indeed anodized! After doing some basic research I was flabbergasted at the asking prices for these 80's Ross mountain bikes. :shock: Makes me really glad I didn't take it straight home & cut it up for yard art! :lol: This one will be getting a serious tune up and some n.o.s. cables if I can find them.
Peace Y'all

I used to use those Sach Huret Multitos on my road bikes in the early 80s. Neat.

Ross mountain bikes are kinda all over the place. The only reason I knew about yours is because I looked up a different bike I had a while back and stumbled across the model you have. Mine would have been worth $100 tops if I could get it back into mint condition, but it was too far gone to bring back. Even still, for a cheap bike it had some nice stuff like braided cables and three piece cranks.

motopsyco said:
charliechaindrive said:
would you sell the handlebars off the, ross?
Go ahead and get the ones from Mblue6 at this point I am planning to put this Ross back to 100% factory stock working order.
Toeslider said:

The rims on the Ross are indeed anodized! After doing some basic research I was flabbergasted at the asking prices for these 80's Ross mountain bikes. :shock: Makes me really glad I didn't take it straight home & cut it up for yard art! :lol: This one will be getting a serious tune up and some n.o.s. cables if I can find them.
Peace Y'all

I have a simular Ross like yours, I got mine back in '83 when it was new. As far as I know the frame was still made in USA, and they where not cheap, over $300 in '83. Mine is a Mt Hood and its a 15speed. Nice bike glad to hear your fixing it and not parting it out. Ross was an early entrant in the mass market mountain bikes, so its a classic

Back