Pedal Cars

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We still have my sisters Tee-Bird pedal car from the early '60's.

I used to have a metal Army Jeep pedal car as a kid,but I fell and got cut on it and Mom got rid of it. :cry:

Gotavan Dan has at least 50 hanging or shelved in his barn! Most are the old ones from the 60s or older! Maybe we can get him to post some of his fabulous "junk"! :mrgreen:

I have a wheel off of a pedal car I brought home from the salvage yard. I'd send it to anyone that wants it for the cost of the postage. Rubber and wheel are good but needs new bushing/bearing. I just can't throw away stuff they don't make anymore if someone can use it. I'll take a pic if you want. B607

i dont have one thats old(cant afford the old ones :( )
but i do have one that my son out grew so its going to get a redo soon....
Picture_0821.jpg

(pictures around 3 years old but its the only 'before' one i have)

I have a Murry Steelcraft Speedster that needs to be restored. It is a sit-on-top car that is propeled by pushing and pulling a handle that turns a chain drive and you steer with your feet. Hallmark made a Christmas ornament of this car a few years ago.

Oh yea,something I didn't have as a kid but have a few now.
My first was a rusty early 50s Murry that I restored the body, slammed, and hung buggy wheels on it .
pedcar034.jpg

pedcar035.jpg

Another car thats not a pedal car but is a sit on car. This is a 66 Corvette promo, I even have a Corvette ad saying to go test drive a new 66 Corvette and get a Corvette for your kid.
pedcar023.jpg

pedcar025.jpg

Then a few years ago I used an old Garton Hot Rod body to make a sculpture/light fixture, there is a fluoresent light hide in the underside of the body. Made the wheels lean to show speed, added exhaust pipes down the sides, even has a cardbosrd interior and 8 ball shifter.
pedcar029.jpg

pedcar030.jpg

Then there is this one I don't know much about. Its an auction find that I see will make a kool kustom someday.
pedcar027.jpg

pedcar028.jpg

This is a photo I found at an estate sale, I got several different pics and a couple of negitives of this 2 seater pedal car. Wish I had that pedal car, but was long gone. Those were some happy kids.
pedcar.jpg

Well thats my pedal car collection.

well....i got bored tonight so i decided its time to redo the boys car :mrgreen:
tiny2.jpg

everythings blown apart now(ive gotta say thats the first time a car ever came apart that easy and i didnt need 10 people to get the body off either :lol: )
ill post some pictures once i get the body stripped and ready for some epoxy(and i get some batteries charged)

well...after sitting and staring and doing some math...i decided this is going to get dropped as far itll go and still be usable :mrgreen: (silly me and dumb ideas.... i can always turn a simple 1 day job into something thatll take a loooong time with alot of math :roll: )
just didnt look quite right that high up for what im thinking.....

Back