pearl white spray paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We started a build the other day and we did the frame in chrome spray paint x metal blue over the that. Wellmy son wants to go with pearl or metallic white for the rims and chain guard but we cant seem to find any where that has either. has anyone ran across any at any stores? I've done checked multiple walmarts,home depot and Michaels

You tried the auotbody shops or Autozone? I was trying to find Metallic Black and finally found it at Advance Auto. My newest bike, Schwinn Hornet, is pearl white but no luck finding it.

my home depot has alot of pearls and kool metalics,they era twice what thier other paint goes for and they are in a funnyshapped can,the spray head is wierd lookin,my home depot is in maple wood minnesota,hope that helps

I was impressed with the metallic black I bought even though it was like $9 for half the size a normal bottle. By the way some autobody shops can mix lots of colors and put it in a spray can.

Try searching ebay for tamiya pearl white paint. Kinda pricey but it looks nice. Used it on a model car back in the day.

part number 261411 look it up o n home depot pearl paint,they have a good selection of kool paint

That's odd; I've used Rust-oleum's "Pearl Mist" that I picked up from Home Depot. It's in a white and gold can with a coffee creamer looking top. I used it as a base in my Island Hopper build. I put a coat of purple Dupli-color Metalcast on top as a sort of candy. The whole bike pops unbelievable colors in the sun.

i just did an american,used duplicolor chrome for the base with duplicolor blue cast over that,really pops in the sun and so close to oplaesent blue,doin a corvette with thier chrome and metalcast red,i top it with catalized clear,when you use paint make sure its for outside use,it costs alittle more but should have sunscreen in it to help it not fade,model car paint doesnt have it,this system cost about a tenth of somthind like house of color,try not to get sucked into"but its an aerosole"paint doesnt care what its in,the quality of the paint and the expertise of the user is what counts,i know cause i worked with john kosmasky and peanuts in the early daze

Found this at Lowe's. Going to try it and see how it works.
20140804_102858_zpsad9048ba.jpg

It looks bad over white but might look good over like a black or brown. I did find pearl white at advance auto but didn't have enough cash on me at the time so have to wait till I can get back by there.

For as little as I'm doing pearl I'm just going with rattle can. and just think the napa know it all guy swore they didn't make pearl paint in rattle can.
Hmmmm looks like a rattle can to me.
20140808_093600_zps6e5f3f3c.jpg

Yeah I only ask the wors to point me to the rattle cans lol
I got this at advance. It was funny while I was there I was down on the floor looking at the different whites and an employee came up and asked if I was finding everything ok and I said yep and he just shook his head and walked away. Guess he never seen a guy sitting on the floor looking at 6cans of white paint lol.

Latest posts

Back