Pair of Sting-Rays!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I see a lot of vintage bikes in a year, but almost never Sting-Rays. These popped up on Craigslist this weekend just a few minutes away from me. I have been trying to not buy any bikes lately, but these got the better of me. I called within a few minutes of them being posted, much to the surprise of the owner. By the time I made it to his house, he had a few more calls. And a couple more while I was there. :shock:

They certainly aren't in the best of shape, but I couldn't pass on the Fastback 5 speed. The Junior Sting-Ray came along as a package deal.

Here are a couple of sub-par phone pics. My phone is crap in low light situations.

IMAG0590.jpg

IMAG0591.jpg

Nice score.
Juniors have a smaller frame, seats, sissy bar, handle bars, different goose neck, smaller grips, s7 rim on back instead of the wider s2 rim used on the standard bikes and smaller pedals. The frame is actually the same as the 63-64 shorty frames.
It looks like someone changed out your handlebars/goose neck with standard size stingray parts.

pkh1974 said:
Nice score.
Juniors have a smaller frame, seats, sissy bar, handle bars, different goose neck, smaller grips, s7 rim on back instead of the wider s2 rim used on the standard bikes and smaller pedals. The frame is actually the same as the 63-64 shorty frames.

Thanks. Up until recently; I thought it was the opposite: Small rims and bars on a full-size bike.

..and the seat part I found out from this board. 8)

Latest posts

Back