Pair of 50's Schwinns

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another late nighter... 2:30am... Got 'em mostly assembled. Just need some minor finishing details. (like maybe umm... chains.. how did I forget chains?)

I plan on finishing up the upholstery on the child's seat this week. I will post more pics after.

Had a hard time finding the correct, wire rack at an affordable price so I got this rack for the Jaguar. Only problem is that the rear legs are different lengths by a half inch.
Made contact with the guy today. He's going to send me another long brace. Hope it gets here by Christmas....

It only took me about an hour of fighting with it till I figured it out.

That seat is awesome, you'll be watching your grandchild ride in it sooner than you expect, they grow so fast! My baby girl turned 11 months yesterday and already rides with me in a modern version of that chair, she loves it. (I have the pic that proves it but I don't want to hijack your thread ;))

My daughter and her Husband came up to visit yesterday and we usually end up in the garage (with the beer fridge) throwing darts and hanging out.
I needed a place to store the bikes for a day or two. So the guy at the local bike shop offered up his showroom.

I gotta say, they looked really cool in his shop!

I hope he does not sell them on you! :13:
They look great there!

Luke.
He mentioned something about selling them but I told him that after all the work I put into them, he couldn't get what they are worth to me.
I think he was actually happy to have them in his shop. He said they'd be a good conversation piece.

Those two are magnificent! I'm truly in love with the lady's bike and baby chair, they look factory made! Perfect!
And if I'm allowed with a tiny piece of advice, try to find and install a vintage or period matching reflector for your daughter's bike, and for the chair, otherwise they may end up with some new chinese one :arghh:.

Are you mounting the rack on the other bike? Cause it would look cool in there...

And if I'm allowed with a tiny piece of advice, try to find and install a vintage or period matching reflector for your daughter's bike, and for the chair,

Of coarse you're allowed! Please do... That's what I'm here for!
What reflector are you referring to though?
I've been contemplating putting a small (1 3/4") round reflectors on the rear fenders of both bikes.
I also have a white mud flap for the girls bike but not sure if it will look right with the "duck tail" fender. (The original fenders had them front and rear.)
Thanks! I appreciate the input!

Those two are magnificent! I'm truly in love with the lady's bike and baby chair, they look factory made! Perfect!

Are you mounting the rack on the other bike? Cause it would look cool in there...

"Factory look" is what I was going for. So Thanks!

And yes, the rack will go on the Jaguar. One brace that came with it was too short, so I'm waiting for the correct brace to be delivered.

Last edited:
What reflector are you referring to though?

Thanks for giving me the chance to express my opinion, I really appreciate it.
I just think that it wouldn't be the best if any of this two beauties ends up with something like this on the tail after Santa puts them under the tree, know what I mean?
images

Instead, I would try to find something more period correct to the bikes. Just my 2 cents ;)

Latest posts

Back