Pacific Cycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say Pacific Cycle ,when you get through to them has a great customer service..Got a Mongoose xcom,may 7..had stripped rear axle,they sent me a new rear wheel..put it on then the bottom bracket bearings cage broke.. they also sent me a new bottom bracket...left side of bottom bracket ..threads were stripped...sent them pictures...they could not replace the frame..they sent me a Schwinn Gateway as a replacement..Thank you,Pacific Cycle..

That is above and beyond service in this day and age. I like the frame of the Gateway they sent as a replacement more so than the xcom. I'd check all the bearing areas on the replacement bike because they tend to over tighten and under lubricate everything in the Chinese factories.

That is above and beyond service in this day and age. I like the frame of the Gateway they sent as a replacement more so than the xcom. I'd check all the bearing areas on the replacement bike because they tend to over tighten and under lubricate everything in the Chinese factories.
Thanks,Nagant,,,Will do that first thing....I also like the Gateway better..the xcom was a birthday present from my wife and son..It is above and beyond service!!!

Trying to see if they will replace the cassette that almost came apart (6 bearings was left when I took the rim off) on me while riding my mountain bike.

Did you guys call Mongoose or email them? I sent them a message through their website last week but haven't heard back yet.

iv had better customer service from them than alot of bike shops who sell the so call higer end bikes

Did you guys call Mongoose or email them? I sent them a message through their website last week but haven't heard back yet.
I emailed them thru the mongoose site, And I got 2 emails from them and the last one said they was sending out the part as a good will gesture to repair my bike. They put an order number in the email but not sure how to track it yet.

You should get a tracking number when it is shipped in your email..Got my number a day or two after email..just click on the number..should work.

Does they replace 2007 rust buckets? I mean they're awfully darned good at skimping on chrome, is it because they intend to replace em? I can point to 100's of rusted up junk rims, fenders handlebars, goose necks cranks and sprockets if so!

Got home and this was waiting for me, Got the cassette on the hub and was checking it out and surprise surprise the axle bearings are pretty much dry.

no surprise! LOL..

and insure ya tighten those bearings just right,, I usually, tighting the bearing nut down to where it it gets tight enough to drag when spinning the wheel, and then back it out a tiny bit at a time till it spins freely with no drag, and you can't wiggle the wheel on axel.

If ya aint got two wrenches to hold in place whenever ya tightening down the 2nd nut,, then back out the bearing nut just a tad more. So whenever your locking it in position with 2nd nut, there's a little play which makes the bearing nut turn and you've allowed for it, to turn a tiny bit, to get ya back to the perfect spot.

Might take a few times to lock bearing nut in, but if ya get it right, spinning freely, and zero play on axel,, it'll last long time, even if a dam cheap butt made bike.

Last edited:
Grease is a highly rationed item in China. It's less expensive to replace when worn out then to grease it.:D

Seriously, glad they got a replacement to you.

Back