other female builders?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diggin the color, 8)
Be careful lacin those wheels i painted some wheels then laced them up and had to go back and touch up the paint where i let the spokes get just a little to close :oops: So do you have a name for that color? Really like it.

my dad is an auto body painter so we had access to all kinds of paint. the one i picked is acually a nissan color that my dad modified .we added more pearl to it, a glittory like silver and a trasnparint like red to get more oragne out of it.in the sun its really orange and at certaint angles you can see the transparent red come out.if you want the formual for it go to ppg and ask about tangerine met.

Wow, great paint!! :D That's going to be a very nice looking bike! Good luck with the wheels, I think you'll get the hang of it! :)

maddogrider said:
Diggin the color, 8)
Be careful lacin those wheels i painted some wheels then laced them up and had to go back and touch up the paint where i let the spokes get just a little to close :oops:
I recall just seeing a pic here where someone put masking tape on the rim while lacing. Seems like a smart thing to do.

thanks all of you for the encouragement and tips about lacing the wheels.this is deffinatly a show bike and im looking forward to entering it in a few shows to see what we win :mrgreen:

the color is amazing nice job. i am such a sucker for copper colors. i gotta see that color up close it might be a candidate for the color i shoot my truck :D

karfer67 said:
the color is amazing nice job. i am such a sucker for copper colors. i gotta see that color up close it might be a candidate for the color i shoot my truck :D
up close its really orange and glittery in the sun.but in the shade its a shine old penny kinda look.ill bring it in to college when its ready so u can see the color better

It looks like the same color as my 40 chevy, the color is Tangerine pearl, very similar to the Dodge Hemi pick-ups from a couple years back, My kids always wanted me to do a bike the same color as the car, After seeing how yours came out, it is a must on my list. Your bike is looking great, something to be proud of, Rick
40chevy001.jpg

love that Chevy my family and i totally Chevy people .are u finished with it or is there more to do? my dad has a 64 Chevy panel it will be completely refinished hes almost there just has to finish some body work and upholstery

hot rods are just like bikes they are never really finished :mrgreen:

vintagelove81225 said:
hes almost there just has to finish some body work
does he WANT to do it? im a body tech that had my job quit me(no i wasnt fired.... the place folded) so im always interested in side work(now that is...)
im even a.s.e and icar certified :mrgreen:

i will let him know about you but he is also a body man .he mostly just has to fix the seals on the gutter rails and put windows then paint. that really sucks that you lost your job .it seems that alot of body shops are going under. my dad has a buddy that owns a shop and hes stuggaling right now. i wish you the best of luck finding work to keep afloat.

Back