Original schwinn headlamp

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after having my new expensive piece of junk chrome head light take a dump I'm wondering just how rare og schwinn headlights are from back in the '60s- early'70s(I think). I've seen a few on here it's a chrome one with a big black button in back.

Are you talking the Schwinn Pumpkin? It's got ridges going around to the back and then a big black knob. Those specific ones bring some bucks because the Stingray guys eat 'em up. You can probably get one in the 50$ range. Or, better yet, find a Typhoon or something on craigslist with one already mounted.

The "pumpkin" or "ball light" came on several different bikes. The Krates had them, which is why they are so expensive. Jpromo says $50 range...I think he's dreaming. 8) More like $250 for one that is NOS or mint. Gary
DSC03854.jpg

B607 said:
The "pumpkin" or "ball light" came on several different bikes. The Krates had them, which is why they are so expensive. Jpromo says $50 range...I think he's dreaming. 8) More like $250 for one that is NOS or mint. Gary
DSC03854.jpg

Woah, in my defense, nobody said anything about near mint or NOS! :wink: I said one can probably be had for 50$ if a 'crispy' or an 'okay' works for you. 8)

[quote="JpromoWoah, in my defense, nobody said anything about near mint or NOS! :wink: I said one can probably be had for 50$ if a 'crispy' or an 'okay' works for you. 8)[/quote]

HaHa! For the slightly rusty RatRod version, you are probably correct. 8) Gary

Latest posts

Back