Orange bike rebuild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
Looks awesome! :D

I'm really curious how much this bike weighs...got a scale handy?
51 pounds without the seat and bars. Its a heavyweight for sure. Needs a small block chevy. :roll: :roll:

Skipton said:
Does look great!......Think it needs board-track bars....That will give "Uncle Stretch" a whole new meaning :roll: :wink:

If you look at me in any video I have done you will see I have this round thing attached to my front that stops board track/road bike anything from my builds. The only time I am in a bent over position , is when I look for something on the bottom shelf of my fridge. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got the forks painted and it looks like Skipton is right. The tubes need to be bigger on the forks. Oh well it is not my first mistake and probably won't be my last. I'm kinda tired of messing with this one so the problem will be fixed on another frame build , if I do one. This adding insanely wide tires to an existing frame that they don't fit is alot of work. More than I had thought it would be. I will probably wait till I can come up with some expendable cash and buy some cool tires...If I can find them and then build something made to fit them.

paint002-1.jpg

paint003.jpg

Yeah Steve its already driving me crazy trying to get the wheels to work. I doubt if I have enough sanity left to stick a motor on it. Its real close to being scrap on the floor. I may have to let this one alone for a while till my mind is back right. :shock:

Skipton said:
Put a chain, seat, and bars, on and ride it!
Maybe Santa can bring you some big fat 4" tires! :roll:
Then build a frame to fit :wink:
Naw already been too much negativity on this one. You made me realize the forks I worked on for two days are too small....Hooch hates the tires...Steve thinks its too heavy...Time to cut my losses and find something else to mess with for a while. Stick a fork in me I'm done.

after that twinkie comment i doubt its comin your way! :mrgreen: i like it, nice lookin ride.

Uncle Stretch said:
Naw already been too much negativity on this one. You made me realize the forks I worked on for two days are too small....Hooch hates the tires...Steve thinks its too heavy...Time to cut my losses and find something else to mess with for a while. Stick a fork in me I'm done.
The forks are nicer then anything I ever made :roll: :wink:
I like Mullets :mrgreen:
Whats wrong with a extra 50 pounds or so :D
Markm said:
...well I like it... :mrgreen:
X2!
udallcustombikes said:
Looks good. Go cut up a Schwinn and you will feel better.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

woah just because I personally dont like the tread on those tires doesnt mean i dont love the bike! I would build it with them too as the other options are thru the roof on prices. I just wish somebody would make that size tire in the style of and old Davis Deluxe Pie crust sidewall tire

and I think if you painted the forks silver they would look ok. them being the same color as the frame makes them look smaller. and I am sure they are strong enough. I love the stance. it looks just mean! it has me thinking alot on a future build! the wheels are a love hate. I love them but never put them into a reality because of price. yet its the kind of stuff that makes a bike so unique and a keeper!

Hooch its not you or anybody really. I just had a bunch of problems sneak up on me at once , and this bike is giving me a fit. Every time I think its solved, something else has a problem. For now it would be easier to eliminate this one problem and solve the others. I can always build another bike. This is not my first and probably won't be my last , and I have cut up better bikes than this for less reason.. :wink:

i understand what youre saying, you are your own harshest critic, no matter what anyone else says. im there myself with a paint job i did, everyone likes it but im not as happy as i thought id be. oh well, maybe we need to put the tools away and just ride more.

Back