old schwinn lightweights

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've some old schwinn bikes floating around the garage and basement:

Anyone interested in a 77' mens speedster frame and fork? I will try to sell it for now, because i dont have the money to fix it up. But if no one offers me enough for it, I would really like to turn it into a 5 speed commuter bike! Maybe some middleweight rims and whitewalls with a five speed rear hub and derailer.

Anyways what do you guys think? is it valuable enough to sell, or save.
speedster1.jpg

the only problem with the frame is some rust on the the right rear drop out
speedster2.jpg

Check out this 67' ladies collegiate. Its a five speed, all original and awesome coppertone.
collegiate2.jpg

Im thinking about selling this one actually. It seems to be pretty unique. I have all the original parts, and the paint is in decent shape.
There is some scratches on the frame though.
collegiate3.jpg

check out this shifter too! its not mounted by a bracket, it is mounted solid to that part of the frame.
collegiate4.jpg

collegiate1.jpg

Should I swing by the schwinn.com classifieds forum with this baby? This bike has a lot of sentimental value, but I could part with this bike over my others.

Sweet collegiate. Weird spot for the shifter. It must be an early one before they stem mounted them.

The speedster will take balloons with a little coaxing.

2" and smaller, no problem. +2" the wheels need to be straight.

I sold my 67 men's Collegiate Deluxe for $250 on the CL about a month ago.

100_1712.jpg

Back