Old School Schwinn Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ghto035.jpg
This is my latest find had to have it , cant wait to cruise it when the weather breaks , what do you think??

It was Built, Bought, Someone rode it, Ripped the fenders off, Maybe slapped a springer on...bent the rear wheel(or so the guy on the phone said...) Slapped a different seat on...

And i dont know if the wheels are correct...

TheFlyingDingo said:
It was Built, Bought, Someone rode it, Ripped the fenders off, Maybe slapped a springer on...bent the rear wheel(or so the guy on the phone said...) Slapped a different seat on...

And i dont know if the wheels are correct...
That's the way we like 'em. :D

Check and see if it is a balloon or middleweight frame. Stick 3 fingers in the triangle above the rear fender bridge. If 3 fingers fit snug it's a middleweight, if 3 fingers are loose it's a ballooner. If you post the serial number (probably on rear left side dropout) someone will give you the date of mfg. Gary

On the 3 fingers,how bout if it's got the hand brake bracket? Is that just a plain ole middleweight,or did they make the ballooners with handbrakes?

Back