old rusty "W.."? found in the street.need help identify

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i found a vintage bike in the street with a very nice frame and a vintage front brake sistem.the pedal sprocket has a "W" on it.i need some help to identify this old rusty jewellery.my plan is to modify the frame a buit ad a springer fork and some board trackwheels and i have a 80 cc engine kit that fits great.
i realy want to know what is it so if you can help its great

DSC04860.jpg

DSC04856.jpg

DSC04851.jpg

DSC04846.jpg

DSC04837.jpg

i was thinking just the same.the rear hub is german.it's Renak and it got a number on it 61.butt i can't find the brand...i really want to know !!:D

what rear hub do you have on?can you tell me how the rear tube are fixed on the frame,welded?on my bike the rear tubes are fixed with a big screw near the pedals.the chian set its not the same butt i'm realy curious about the frame.

andrei gruia said:
what rear hub do you have on?can you tell me how the rear tube are fixed on the frame,welded?on my bike the rear tubes are fixed with a big screw near the pedals.the chian set its not the same butt i'm realy curious about the frame.

the chainstays are welded to the bottombracket, the seatstays are bolted at the top with the seatpost clamp bolt, I'm pretty sure the rear hub is a Torpedo

im gonna say its not newer then 30s
european bikes used 1/2 in pitch chains mostly so you cant really use that
look to the frame style
skirt guard lacing holes in back fender
thats an early rod brake style same as on oghighwheels
cranks are way early
tires look like glue-ons to me theres more but would need to look at bike in person
id say dont cut
if you do im interested in some parts

At last,someone looks with care at this bike.i can do some pictures in close-up with the frame corners and bars,maybe some more details,also got a serial number.i want to restore it to it's original look and add some more wood parts(handlebar holders ...).i think also it's somewhere about 30's most probably german.i will upload some close-up pictures,where are you from?

Back