Old....Newbie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to All. From the PNW (Old as in 63)and during the time off from Corona I got a bike project going. I have had an old Huffy Santa Fe...like Cranbrook sitting for years. Never built a project bike before and am loving the new found hobby. Frame was pretty good...few scratches..about it. Rims were old rusted chrome..bars were bad also. So Got new black beach bars,seat,grips. I had an old softride spring stem I put on also. Made a rear rack from an old inlaid O'Brian waterski,brass bell,Ruff Headbadge and a new set of rims with Shimano 3 speed. Not mounted in picture yet. Sandbox 26× 2.135 tires and a few odds and ends. Try to post pics. Also fixed up a early 90's Rock Hopper into a wide tire street ride.
20200518_195231.jpg
20200425_180651.jpg
20200518_195311.jpg

Last edited:
The only reason I got Yellow rims was the price...but looks alright. HBBC had the set on sale for 109.00. It was supposed to come with a KT 3 speed. But I got a bonus when they arrived with the Shimano Nexus. Cant beat that price!

Is the headlight functional? I ask cuz I'm working on fixing an old headlite to run on 9 volt battery and led bulb. It will lite up but is just for effect mostly.
Yes..it takes 2 C cell batteris. 3 LED's Solid on or Flashing mode. They are all over Ebay. Nice retro look is it...I wont use it much.

Dig the yellow rims, and the 4 bar springer neck is cool too!

Lots of tasty details, hope you have a nice lock...

Latest posts

Back