Old new guy from Mass

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to check in, I'm a long time bicycle lover, but new(ish) to older bikes.
I love old stuff though, antique sports cars, motorcycles, racecars, firearms have all been part of my life.
I'm an avid road and mountain bike rider, and recently caught the build-a-klunker bug. Just received a '59 Murray-built JC Higgins frame with truss-rod fork in the mail today, can't wait for some spare time to get started!
Funny story...While searching for a nice vintage straight bar frame, I found this way cool group. I saw an ad for some free frames near Boston, an easy drive for me. I kept reading the thread, only to discover they were already gone. Later found a frame that suited my needs on ebay, placed my bid. Around this same time I was talking with my West-Coast adult son, and found out that (1) He's a member here, (2) He had gotten the very frame I'd wanted in Boston and had it shipped across country (and done a very nice build!), and (3) Both his and my frames are exactly the same make and model!
Looking forward to a fun build and a good time with all here!

Welcome, from another "old" guy in MA.

Eddie, welcome.

Jose has a NoHo ride coming up on March 10th. Come join us and meet some of the New England crazies.

Also, if you're a Fb user, like my NERRB fan page and post up.

cheers
-Ian

Hi Eddie, welcome.

As Ian pointed-out, we have a ride coming up in NoHo on March 10th. We’ll have regular rides throughout the ’13 Riding Season, so, if you want to organize a ride, feel free to post it!

It is nice to see the ever-increasing membership of the RRB New England Chapter; great folks riding cool bikes.

Back