Old Junk Keeps Following Me Home

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked a pair of oldies up last week...
First is a 1949 Columbia. Previous owner had been buying parts here and there to turn it into a restored 5-star - I don't know if I have that kind of commitment...
columbia_1.JPG

columbia_2.JPG

columbia_3.JPG

Note the full circle chaingaurd, 9-slot carrier, and the unseen "tank-halves-of Bondo" which may or may not make it back on this bike. Have a new (old) chain (thanks nostalgia.net!), I might just see if the brake works and ride the beast to work next week...
Next - what I'm taking to be a pre-war Westfield. I think it is as the serial number has been ground off a LONG time ago (I think they did it with a blow-torch...).
westfield_1.JPG

westfield_2.JPG

westfield_3.JPG

Here it is with an old Scwinn blade fork for mock up - I'm liking the rake...
This one is going full rodent-style however I'm also thinking of painting it to look like my dad's old stock car, circa 1972...
car90.jpg

Last is a pair of proper pedals on my daily custom.
goldbrick.JPG

ok,
erix

Great Finds..
That Stock Car Idea would be a Great Trick.
I'm sure it would Put a Smile on his face seeing his
1957 Ford Tudor Come Back to Life in The Form of a Rat Bike.

very cool Finds..
Keep us posted on The SDtock Car Bike for Sure!

Kev.

All the Columbia needs is a seat, and set of pedals. It's a balance of rat (the rack and front fender) with awsome vintageness (the pain scheme and bars). If you're into restoration, that could be a good route to go too.

q

your westfield might be a colson. i have a 30s colson and it has the same little tabs on the rear dropout, pretty unique. just a thought

Great Job. If you decide to sell the Columbia, let me know. I have been looking for one of these for a long long long long time!!
LMK at [email protected]

I second the mimicking your dad's stock car. Course I would like to have a car just like that.

Back