OLD JOHN DEERE 4 CYLINDER MOTORCYCLE ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have some pictures from a motorcycle encyclopedia that they can scan into pictures ? I am sure that JOHN DEERE made a motorcycle a long time ago - but I'm not sure when ? I only remember that it was a 4 cylinder in-line from front to back - like a Cleaveland or an Indian. It had a shaft drive too - long slim flatside gasoline tank and safety pin spring seat. And yes - it was green and yellow detailing - just like the farm tractors.

This is a VERY SERIOUS request. I did just about every kind of on-line search and there was nothing available. Just goes to show you - the internet doesn't have it all !

If anyone has some pictures that they could share - it would be great - because if I'm not wrong - this could be one of the rarest and most unique motorcycles that there is today ! homelessonabike

Check out a farmers magazine called Farm Show, they have a website also. A year or two ago they had a homemade John Deere motorcycle in one of their issues. I can't remember if it's regular or a trike. I'm pretty sure that it was an old one lunger. There might even be the bike you described in their archives.

Godd luck finding the bike you're looking for! And make sure you post it if you find one.
Chainsaw

Here is a picture of that one lunger..
210198_JohnDeereBike.jpg

That one is most certainly interesting, but it's not the one I remember seeing. The one I remember was a late 20's or early 30's inline 4 cylinder shaft drive with a straight bevel gear on the rear wheel.
It looked alot like an Excelsior or a Cleaveland 4 cylinder. I was rescently told that the John Deere company wasn't the one that made it at all - that it was an advertising gimmik. I don't think that's true.

Back