Old Guy--New To Forum

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi....I'm John. I'm 65 and live in Arizona. I've been tinkering with bikes since I was a kid but I got serious with them in the early eighties. I have built and restored hotrod bikes to Dayton Super Streamlines and everything in between including Whizzers. I don't have the room to keep more than a few so I sell most of them. The real enjoyment for me is building them. I REALLY like what you guys do with the rat bikes. Some are extremely well engineered, some are works of art, and some are just plain fun. It's amazing what you can do with a few crusty parts and a lot of imagination. I just finished my first real rat bike and hopefully I have another twenty years or so to do many more. Here's a couple of pics of the two extremes.
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this community,
John
100_0677-1.jpg
100_0466-1.jpg

Wow John...I think you're gonna fit right in.

Always good to have more knowledge in the house.

Those two bikes of yours are super cool.

Oh man! welcome to the forum john. Badbutt bikes haha. I love that second one, what is it?

Thanks for the welcome guys.
A few asked about the bike in the second pic. It is a 1937 Dayton Super Streamline. A one year only frame design that I'm told about 8-10 are known to exist (?). It's definitely the rarest bike I have owned (It's sold). I will post more bikes from time to time as I build them. Thanks for your interest.
John

Welcome John, nice bikes. We need more of us oldies here to keep these young whippersnappers in line. :wink: Oh and for what it is worth, you will never be the same after joinin up here.

Back