Old English Ladies..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a few of theese Ladies 3 speeds with fenders and racks...seems nobody wants them so I had to spice them up a little...What do you think..
bhu001.jpg
bhu005.jpg
bhu004.jpg
bhu003.jpg
bhu002.jpg

i keep getting "ladies" bikes, or as i like to call them "step thru" frame bikes, so i figured id bite and that is a very clean, nice 3speed. what about the chain? its sad that not alot of people like these old english bikes, but they were very well built and hold up very well. alot of detail into these old beauties.

I agree. I restored a Robin Hood for my daughter, it was discarded with the trash. I also have a Phillips womens with a bent fork and a Raleigh sports womens, both with 3 speed w coaster SA hubs.
Built like tanks.

Hey, I've got one of those, made a few mods thou.......

brtshstl.jpg

61 Western Flyer, has hundreds of miles on it. Almost all of the the original parts are still on it.

I forgot to add the picture of my daughter's bike. This is a large frame. I'm going to try to get the original Brooks seat back on it.
2brzo0.jpg

Those are great. In England, you **never** see old sports bikes that look as good as that.
JoKeR63, that is wrong, but amazing at the same time. How does it ride?

I came in here hoping to see some photos of Helen Mirren. Oh well, those bikes are nice. :wink: :lol:

I love old Rudges and Ralieghs. I have my Mom's old Rudge all cleaned up. Rod brakes 3 speed. sweetbike. I always had Raleighs growing up. Still have my 78 Record which had been hanging in my Mom and Dad's garage for 20 years. It needs some attention. And just found an old mens 3 speed in the weeds near home. Can't wait to clean that one up.

chris667 said:
Those are great. In England, you **never** see old sports bikes that look as good as that.
JoKeR63, that is wrong, but amazing at the same time. How does it ride?

Very stabile at low speeds(unusual for a recumbent). Rides like a rock with the skinny tires though. It's a bit cramped in the cockpit but is still easy on my backside.
Was built for an English bike rally up in Wisconsin, but gets regular use as it's still fun to ride.

I have been looking for a Phillips head badge for ages, to finish up my 50´ bike but around here they´re very hard to find. How is it there?
Here´s my Phillips:

See, no head badge :cry:

Back