Oh it's so Cute!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could not resist picking this up for $30... Haven't gone on any big trips but did make myself dizzy ridding laps around the lobby on it.

On a very frequent trip for me I have 30 minutes to make 3 mi to catch a train. What I would like to do is make this little beast into check on luggage that makes pulling this off easy.

Next step is to strip off the decals with the heat gun and plastic razors!

428255_3444183832186_1498326880_33273313_25363251_n.jpg

Of course there are fantasies about light seats and suspension seat posts... 3" rear tires on 2" wide chopper rims with an SA8 hub... folding pedals.. A travel case the converts to a trailer... An electric motor or two..

Bikes really are FUN!

Another session with the heat gun, plastic razor blades and WD-40 and all the decals are off. I'm starting to enjoy this process and wonder what might happen if I were locked in the LBS overnight.

426151_3450283744680_1498326880_33275574_834448515_n.jpg

I've ordered a couple things for it. Kenda flame whitewalls, folding foot pedals and a new biopace crank set. My son has been kicking around town on it and thinks it needs a new seat. I agree with him and am also thinking a suspension seat post.

What is the lightest comfortable seat for a bike like this?

FUN!

Added a biopace crank set and folding pedals. Nothing dramatic but it is much smoother to pedal and my son claims he's a lot faster. I think it took at least a lb off the weight of the bike and added a couple of teeth to the overall count on the chainring so he's probably not imagining it.

I'm stating to think of this as a militant little enviro-mental city bike... Something that should sport phrases like "I'm trying to save the world. What are you doing?" ....

josh_from_ga said:
ive been wanting to find a little folder like that. congratulations on a great deal!

I see them go by on CL for around $100 pretty often. I kind of bought it on a lark, but it's getting more use than all the rest of the bikes combined. It's just FUN!

I have quite a bit of experience with both old and new folders. Let me know if you have any questions.
This looks like a Dahon clone. Very similar to a Citizen. Not the same quality as a Dahon, but probably still a good and safe bike.
That was an excellent price by the way!!!!
Have fun with it!!!!!

I got some cute little green wheels/rims, the UPS rate for shipping them was as much as the wheels. They're all fronts.

The front fork on this is really narrow. Today when I was dropping off some leftover parts at bikeworks I found a 16" chrome BMX fork in perfect condition, for $5 I couldn't resist and when I got back tonight it looks like I got lucky. The threading matches the fork in the bike (height) and the spread of the bmx fork is perfect for the 28 spoke hub motor with no spacers.

There are also two sheets of water lift decals in package I haven't opened. ECO-MANIAC...

My son talked me into a midnight bike ride along the water. He rode this and I rode the 7 speed onex (need a better name). He kicked my but and had fun doing it. It must have been a sight... a 17 yr old flashing along dipping weaving and ringing his bell almost doing laps around this older guy on some REALLY big bike with a skull on it that just rolls over everything. I guess I'm learning that folding bike is really just a bike... FUN!

I couldn't resist opening up the decals..

475808_3511699400033_1498326880_33301127_147161636_o.jpg

I've also been thinking about racks... Ones I could modify to put on it..

http://www.citizenbike.com/catalog.asp?product_category_id=2

And how they might work with a little modification of this theme..

http://www.bikehacks.com/bikehacks/2011/09/diy-bike-grocery-panniers.html

It is good that Cutie isn't Dahon (old or new) because they always use different stems than anyone else.
Let us see some photos of it with the motor.

I bet it's cute, but my wife would argue that her folder is cuter. She loves her little bike!

beforeafter.jpg

mrfritz said:
Another session with the heat gun, plastic razor blades and WD-40 and all the decals are off. I'm starting to enjoy this process and wonder what might happen if I were locked in the LBS overnight.

426151_3450283744680_1498326880_33275574_834448515_n.jpg

I really like that bike workstand you have there!!!! :D
Also love the fact that you have a heat gun sitting inside of a SINK!! :shock:

kingfish254 said:
I really like that bike workstand you have there!!!! :D
Also love the fact that you have a heat gun sitting inside of a SINK!! :shock:

I have an AMAZING portable bike stand that I got on eBay for under $30 at a storage unit when it's not in the living room. I prefer working there but it's just been too cold and rainy. Given the choice between being outside standing in puddles or using the kitchen sink with a dry floor, GFI outlets and the biggest table I have... Yup, I'm working in the kitchen! :D

You didn't comment on the dishes or Kombuchia bottles! Oh and I never argue with women about CUTE, but since I'm not; it's unfair to pull out the stops and use a kid that can't pedal to add cute to a picture. :D I may have to pull the stops and get a basket of kittens or yorkie puppies.

I just noticed this basket today for $11 on eBay... Sorry I can't seem to get a picture link working. I'm hoping I can take off the GIANT tag and put on a bunch of ECO patches and buttons that I collected for a couple clothing projects.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15061536158...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_5782wt_1129

Back