offset gear for Nexus 7 speed ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know where I can get an offset gear for a Nexus 7 speed hub?

I want to lace it into a US choppers 80mm rim, but need to move the gear out so the chain will clear the tire.

One of my other bikes has a Nexus 3 speed with an offset gear, the wheels came of a Felt.

Anyone know where to get one?

Guess I should have bought them when I bought the rims ...... another delay on lacing my wheels up.

If I have to use a Nexus 3 speed instead, I can live with that.

The 26 x 2.5 is a big rim .......not sure my quickbricks are going to stretch that far.

I was dissapointed that the 24 x 3 has a different rim profile to the 24 x 2.5 and 26 x 2.5....... I'll have to rearrange my plans as to which rims to pair up

why don' t you steal the offset gear from your 3 and put on your 7? It will fit as long as the gear ratios work for you.

cman said:
why don' t you steal the offset gear from your 3 and put on your 7? It will fit as long as the gear ratios work for you.

The 3 speed with an offset is on my Dyno with a Felt 65mm rim and a fatbrick, it needs the offset gear for chain clearance.

I could "borrow" it for setup, but will need too buy another one.

Overnight, chaingang cycles refunded my payment and sent an email saying they ONLY ship to CAn and US. So now I need to send Alan at US Choppers an email and get him to send me one.

I don't have time to lace the wheels at the moment, so I guess the delays aren't a problem. I can borrow the 3 spd one if I do fibd time to lace the wheel.

Back