Ode to the UD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well its Monday the highlight of the weekend was going to Sac and meeting Karfer and seeing the amazing College Cycles definetly worth the trip just for the eye candy hanging in the rafters, But back to the subject of loosing a good friend over the weekend I arrive to work and one of my two truck fleet is not in the lot, didn't think much of it as it had been loaned out over the weekend to the grocery store we lease space from. They asked to use it to deliver drinking water to the firefighters so we put their driver on our insurance and he also needed my electric pallet jack.... it didn't quite make the trip it turns out the driver got rerouted a different road over the mountain to get to base camp and just as he was coming down into the valley the brakes went out...personally I dont think he was feathering the brakes going down hill it was a heavy load I'm sure but I never had a problem but It was a 99 Nissan UD with a 20 foot reefer box automatic airbrakes with 60,000 orig miles I guess when the brakes went he was doing about 40 when he jumped out luckily he only got a couple of bruises thank God but the truck is a total loss it ripped the box right off the chassis and product is scattered all over the hillside as far as the truck the cab got crushed all they could recover was the chassis, cab ,liftgate so I may have to go up with the other truck Wednesday to take prisoners to recover product as I am sure the pallet jack is a gonner too....well we had some good miles together rest in peace my friend :cry: :cry:

Accident20080052.jpg
[img][IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/Accident20080052.jpg[/img][/img][/img][img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/Accident20080052.jpg[/img]
This is whats left :cry:

Where did he get the bruises? From jumping out...............Or from you. (jk).....Glad the driver survived, the truck can be replaced. <{{{><

Back