Odd Schwinn I seen today...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I posted this with my intro, but thought maybe I should post it here....
I came across a really odd Schwinn, it was an old straight frame, with the oddest looking sprocket, the guy said it was a two speed?? I'm not a bike expert so let me make this clear, the sprocket looked like it was enclosed and it had a shifter on the handlebar. The guy had no idea how it worked when I asked him if it was a derailer of some sort. Anyway, any of you familiar with this? The fenders also looked a little oddly wider then usual. I was in a hurry but I wish I looked at it a little more. Did Schwinn even make something like this?
When I say sprocket, I'm talking the sprocket by the pedals, not the rear hub.

bike smarts

hooch, your bike knowledge know's no bounds..... :shock: you really need to make it down here next sunday for our swap meet!!! maybe bring some cool rare stuff to look at or sell!

busy times

Not a problem, we'll get together at some bike swap or pub crawl or something. and theres always the greaseramma in sept and thats 2 weeks and 1 month to go..... and if you think you can make it here for it i can give you a place to crash!!! we have family in davenport so we have a place to flop there just in case you have a bike ride brewing.

Latest posts

Back