Now this is one very expensive Schwinn!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
e58d_3.JPG

make sure you click through the pictures to see his "bike room w :shock: w!

he's got some other sweeties for sale too... lottery ticket seller, here i come!!!

amazement

OH MY LORD! i just about lost my sh-t when i saw the picture of his "bike room" that is amazing. its going to take me a few days to accept that such a room really exists.

Read description:... I will be listing about ---35 bikes ---one or two at a time until they find new homes. I will attach a few group pictures. ***Remember the listing here is just for the Aerocycle. This is not a fire-sale, divorce sale, or my god I need to pay the taxes sale. ****This is a mood sale***, and I am in the mood to free up some space, and concentrate on other interests. It's been fun.

I dream about just ONE /35th of his "MOODS" :shock: :shock: :|

as nice as the aerocycle is i dont like the vague disctiption. i want to know more about the resto and what was done to it. the tires look like the kind you get off ebay not correct types, i think the pedals are wrong, and all the chrome looks triple plate show chrome which is not correct. not that it is not a stunning bike but it is not totally correct and when you are tossing down 10,000 buck-a-roos i personally would want it dead on. also some of those others dont look right either with the yellow and black tank but i am not a compleat expert.

Okay this is dumb as heck, When do these things get ridden? NEVER! Its stupid to have all them bikes and not ride them! I hate ppl like that, Why dont they take them out and enjoy them, If u can afford a black panther, Im SURE you could afford to fix a scratch or sumthing if u got one when ur riding. Gah this pisses me off. :x

For that kind of money you could probably have a bunch of counterfit copies made that would very hard for someone who didn't know what they were doing to know the difference. I'd rather have a reproduction than pay $10,000.00 for an antique. Especially one that could be a counterfit with a ridiculous price, but I guess there are some people with too much money and not enough sense.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

I live in a fairly small farm town, and at the beginning of the summer there was an auction with 25 antique bikes. There was supposed to be a Schwinn Autocycle there. I showed up with $300 knowing I wasn't even gonna be able to touch it. I start to talken to people because I realize that theres a lot more bike people there than us few collectors. I talk to one guy who says hes from colorado ( which aint that far away) then I find out from a friend that he flew from California to get that autocycle. The bike had every thing but the drum brake, that had evedently been switched out for a different wheel. Later when the auction started it was a madhouse. The guy from California payed $1700 it. The auctioneer and the people watching were amazed. Then there was a table that had asorted bike stuff on it, that you bidded on, and took a pick of what you wanted. Right before the biding started I rummaged through the table, and saw the drum brake that was missing from the autocycle and pointed it out to the guy from California. When the bid started for the pick of that table it was a battle between two guys. The auctioneer was wondeering what was so important when the bid reached $150.The guy from Cal. got that too. You have got to figure that this was a very expensive trip for the guy from Cal. He spent $1700 for the bike,$150 for the brake" Not to mention plane fair for him and the bike.

I managed to pick up a sears spaceliner, a 50's firestone,and a girls 52 Panther with springer.

Latest posts

Back