Now this is OLD SCHOOL!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Right outta Fast Times at Ridgemont High! This is one of my buddies builds. This was taken 2 years ago at our Summer Cruise.

Cruise1.jpg

Cruise2.jpg

very cool..and The Vans..well..I love the Vans!

That bike looks like it sits and rides nice with that Geometry.
The Spike thingie at the Gusset( head Tube ) looks like it would OUCH the knee cap.

great shot..The rear Scalloped set up looks pretty cool as well..

"dude my dad has the most .....'in set of tools we can fix it."

"geeezzz does anyone bother to knock anymore?"

"all i need is my board, some bud, and some tasty waves and im fiiinnnee"

Ergonomics

Oh my god --I love it--I am finally looking at a frame that is user friendly(for a chopper) this is good geometry...note where the seat is--it's not jammed down in front of the rear wheel like so many of the choppers I see. And the cool part is, this photo illustrates my point so beautifly. This is not just a picture of a bad to the bone--how low can you go chopper--this is a picture of- bike with rider. The posture is a upright and laid back--but not on the floor with feet in the air-- not to mention the fact that the seat is fully adjustable. I wuold be willing to bet that this young mans inseem is in the ball park of 31'' which is average and rom there---up and down --2'' would make it comfortable for most anyone. Would you tell me who built the frame? The forks look to be modified bmx style. and the paint is very nice. By the way, I can show you how to build front legs on your present front end with custom ''rockers'' on the bottom, that will make those long forks vertualy bulletproof. If you send me your adress I will send you some realy cool diagrams and technical drawings.(I prefer, old school, snail mail for some things)----and befor I go--your bike is a old school custom chopper--not what you would call a rat.

Back