Now done... My '62 Straight bar Typhoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This bike was something I wanted for a while, and I found the frame in October. While I was off for Thanksgiving, I put it together. I was going to put it in the RRBBO2, but I wanted to powdercoat it, and that was not permitted.... (and the competition there killed it anyway!)

So here is my end result...
Before:

After:

The chrome springer front, and chrome rear carrier, balance out the LOOK perfectly! NICE JOB!

Rat Rod said:
Turned out beautifully!

Pete at Hyper-Formance has should have a decal set for the frame if you are so inclined.

http://www.hyper-formance.com

Thank you, Sir! :mrgreen:
I am not sure about decals yet. I have additional stuff (finishing ideas) that haven't yet come to fruition, and if they do, the only decal I would be looking for will be the seat tube "Quality Built" one. You would not see the top tube ones, and I have mixed feelings about that chainguard, as I have a chrome proper one for the bike, but am debating painting the normally painted area of it. I had it on, but changed it thinking this one might look better.

I hope the other idea I have for it to finish up will still happen, if not, well, it rides GREAT!
I would not be too worried then, and would get those top tube decals. I would have to find out what will make decals stick to powdercoat though, as I hear that is an issue.

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

I have a new appreciation for that frame. A friend pointed out the diff of double and single, straight bar Schwinns. Neat. Where did you find that seat? Super cool.

If you can't find the decals you need, I might be able to rip some stencils on my plotter, if you are interested. I did the ones on my Spitfire, as Rat as it was... -d-

well done i really like poweder coating on a "dailly driver" cause it is really strong and looks great. now she just needs some pinstripping and that would be it for me. i would take a line from our fellow member and name it "purdy lady" but thats just me hehe. well done looks like a comfy ride.

This bike/frame holds a special place in me heart! NICE.

BTW I have heard water transfer decals don't stick to powder coat very well...may want to check that out.

Latest posts

Back