not your average joe...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would first like to introduce myself.

My name is Joe and I'm a bike junkie. I can't help myself. I find myself awake at 2 in the morning sometimes looking at pictures of bikes. Bikes for sale, new bikes, restored bikes, bikes, bikes, and more bikes.

Imagine my enthusiasm when I found this site...

Like I said I'm a bike junkie. I have about 15 bikes (that is not a lot to some of us here) most in ridable condition. 3 old Treks (2 road bikes and 1 hybrid), 1 Jeanne Longo (did I mention my wife?), 1 Austro Daimler SS fixie (my 18 year old's) a couple of nasbar mountain bikes, 1 Huffy, 1 AMF, 1 unidentified, and several Schwinns (4 to be exact). Oh and 1 BMX (Mongoose)

I have wanted to build a rat for years. I bought a three speed Schwinn at a yard sale about 16 years ago and started working on it but my family had just started growing and I sold it before I was ready. I have recently purchased 2 Typhoons that are undergoing restoration/modification (pictures to follow). I also have 1 Breeze that belonged to my wife's family (I think it is a 79) and 1 unidentified girl's bike that belonged to my Mother-in-Law who thinks it is a 30's or 40's vintage. This brings me to the main reason for my post today. I started to post it in the Free Trade section but I thought I'd post it here first to introduce myself.

I purchased the Huffy and the AMF really cheep and was going to part them out to build up one of the Typhoons and the Breeze but it seems to me to be a waste. They are in great condition, a little dirty but in almost new condition. I'd like to trade for parts to finish my Schwinns. Pictures can be found on my blog page.

http://hydraulicsalamander.blogspot.com/

I also have a picture of a Sport Tourer. It is in pristine condition. I'm looking to trade it for a Paramount frame if I can find someone who is interested...

WELCOME&HELLO!
L8 EM

I didn't see a pic of your Mongoose BMX in your stable shots. Post it up. I'd love to see it.

Latest posts

Back