not so fresh airman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i actually picked this up earlier last year, and couldn't upload pics, so thought i'd try again. been wanting one of these for awhile. this one needs a little more work than i had hoped, but is all there except for light cover ( anyone got one :)) i also more recently got a straightbar schwinn, (no pics yet) which i'm more in to, so i might not hang on to the monark, will have to see...
DSC04413.jpg

NICE! i have the same monark. mine was missing the pedastal light so i just slapped a train light on instead. the pedastal lights are really hard to come by and E.X.P.E.N.S.I.V.E if ya do find one. my pedals were aslo swapped out. if yours are original do they say monark on them?

here's mine., its been upgraded since this photo but it's the only pic. i have..

airman.jpg

uneasy rider said:
this one needs a little more work than i had hoped, but is all there except for light cover ( anyone got one :))
DSC04413.jpg

nice unit...what work?

Of all the bikes I've seen between here and a few other vintage forums my dream bike has always been a Monark. To my mind they always had the best color schemes. One day I'll own one of these babies!

good idea suicide, i really like the train lights. nice bike a.s., i have the same frame too, is that one a rocket?
DSC03568.jpg

when i got it home, i found the crank bent, the wheels untrue, the pedals are beat, and the frame needs welded @ seatpost tube/crank housing. still, not too bad, and i have always wanted one of these. it also came with a hyper siren.
DSC04415.jpg

i also got a cheesegrater rack from another rrb'er here that matches nicely.

yeah, its weird, monarks always seem to be broken/rewelded at the top bb and the steer tube on the forks are usually bent. my steer tube is bent but the bb is good!

Back