Not bikes, but maybe historic, finds!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hey, I was cleaning out the basement today at my mom's house and we were considering having a musty old cabinet hauled away. I was getting the phone number from my dad for Waste Management when my step-dad (the pack rat he can be) noticed the cabinet came from "Dayton Press Co.". They went out of business in the 1980s and I was wondering if this might be worth anything locally? Besides the strong musty smell inside, it is in pretty good condition. The only concern is the posibility of mold on the bottom.

There is also a very dusty, cob web ridden tool shelf unit. It is very large and also slated for demoltion soon. I noticed it is made of antique bead board. Is this something I should carefully dismantle or just cut up? The top and middle portions are very solid, the bottom however could be another story. I'll have to find my flashlight to look. I won't be keeping this, she doesn't want to either. Last thing I need is to reach in this thing for a tool and instead get bit by a brown recluse or black widow!

Pics coming soon!

Back