Not a fresh find but.......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this old Austrian Higgins when I was working in NJ. I was on my way to work one night and saw a bike in a pile of trash. Of course I had to stop and save it.

2012-10-02_09-49-52_633 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr

When I got the bike home the next morning I immediately began to tear it down. I scrapped pretty much everything. The bike had obviously been outside for a looong time. The wheels had holes rusted through them and the rear end was tweaked pretty bad. I cleaned the bike up as much as I could, straightened the rear and stuck it in a corner for a few months. I was thinking I wanted to put a tank on the bike but couldn't seem to find anything that worked with it. The other day I scored a 24" Murray Missile and lo and behold, the tank fits on the Higgins beautifully. I also put the Missiles rack on it. Here's what the Higgins looks like so far.....

2012-11-28_22-17-56_92 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr

I have my eye on another parts donor bike. Hopefully I'll get this Higgins ride able soon.

Alienbaby17 said:
Cool!

That sprocket is awesome!

I love the sprocket. It cleaned up quite nicely after I plopped it into the ultra-sonic cleaner at my old job. It's a three piece with loose ball bearings. It was a pain getting it back together without losing any balls.

tin machine said:
super cool , what a treat finding that in the trash 8)

I love finding roadside trash night treasures! :D

Latest posts

Back