Nostalgia Drag Bike (Update 3-28)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my current build... beginning with this bike I bought off ebay a while back. Not sure what brand or year the bike is, but I was told it looks like a Snyder built bike and it's pretty old. For this build I'm going to try and blend two of my favorite things: classic bicycles and classic drag racing. I have many ideas I'm going to attempt to work into it and I'll be posting pics as I move along so stay tuned!
dsc08891.jpg

I disassembled the bike and sanded the frame by hand
Slyderbikebuild002.jpg

Here's an insert I made that's going between the top tubes
Slyderbikebuild004.jpg

after I welded it in place
Slyderbikebuild006.jpg

more coming...

Re: Nostalgia Drag Bike

is that top pic an e-bay photo? or are you.."that guy"? cause I see that backdrop all the time... :?

Uh, guys...I think that's a pic of the Ebay ad he bought it from... :wink:

Cool idea with the drag bike.Does that mean slick in back skinny up front and really low bars.

UPDATE!!
I've got the bike mostly done. I've still got the graphics and some finishing touches to add, but I'm getting there! Let me know what you think.
IMG_6786.jpg

IMG_6787.jpg

IMG_6789.jpg

IMG_6790.jpg

Here's a pic with it next to my brother's 50's Fleetwing bike

I've still got a few custom touches in store for the bike so stay tuned!!

Just my opinion and not trying to be offensive. It looks to me like it needs shorter forks or the head tube needs raked. That is a sweet springer front end and a cool frame but they just don't look right together to me. I understand it is not finished and maybe I will change my mind when we see what you have in store next.

Back