NOS Bike license plates Baseball Teams

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought these YEARS ago when I was collecting Stingrays. These are the only teams I have and I have not seen any since I bought these. Anyone know anything about them, seen the before? I might be doing some trading or sell (I will list in the section once I decide) but keeping the St. Louis Cardinals one, I do know that much. I think I got them around 10 years ago off ebay... Any help is sure appreciated. I think I narrowed these down to be around 1984-1986
Made by Dixie out of Atlanta, GA
I think this is the company website (did a little research) http://www.dixieseal.com/history.asp

bikeplates_zps40ccb808.jpg

bikeplates1_zps01ce5fee.jpg

truly I am going to sell them, I just want o be fair and also not lose on shipping cost and PayPal fees. I have done numerous searches and cannot find out what they ever sold for originally. If I charge $5.00 each, I will go backwards after shipping and fees. I might just wait until I go to a show?

Gee if I didn't know better , I would think this was a ploy to bump up the price.
Its like look what I got , and I could sell them for this , but wouldn't make any
money. Then sit back and wait for offers.......hummm Thats if I didn't know better. :roll:

hmmm,, Nope, I could not even tell you what I paid for them. Heck, I was even thinking someone else might have some and I could build a complete collection to hang on the wall. I cannot for the life of me find anyone who sells them, ONLY a manufacturer. Obviously I knew somone would want them because A. this is a bicycle website and B. Who doesn't like baseball? I think a pretty cool item but not like I was thinking they would bring a ton of $.
Thank you for your input, if I wanted to test the waters it would be with some high end items, not bicycle license plates from the 80's. Did I list a link to a sale post here?

Here - this is a fresh find - not looking to sell - if I put this in the fresh finds does that mean I am looking to sell? Because I am not, I have a lot of items as keepers. I will be listing items for sale here because it is a good site and believe it or not, hang with Kevin and Scott at not only Indy but St. Louis.

My69Slingshot_zps5d640635.jpg

The part that kinda raised a question.
truly I am going to sell them, I just want o be fair and also not lose on shipping cost and PayPal fees.
If I charge $5.00 each, I will go backwards after shipping and fees.
Don't know you or what your planning on doing. Just my job to keep an eye on stuff. :wink:

I did just find out, they didn't really sell the in a retail environment. I was told by another member they came in cereal boxes. Now that is what I wanted to know and why I am keeping a couple for myself no matter what I do -
Cardinals and Cubs.

I understand and at $5.00 each, someone would have said, I will take all of them. They would have also said, it was going to cost about $4.00 each to ship a single and $.20 for fees, so why don't I just pay you $10 for all of them and shend them all at once..

I did list them in the for sale section but didn't post a link here

Latest posts

Back