NOS 2006 RALEIGH P.U.B.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Was checking the CL yesterday and saw that someone listed an NOS 2006 Raleigh P.U.B. that had a bent springer fork and a missing seat bracket.

Gave the guy a call and set up an appointment to go check the bike out. I almost bought one of these a couple of years ago from my LBS, but they sold it the day I was planning to buy. Raleigh only made this bike for one year. The MSRP on these was $385.

Today on my lunch break I headed over to this industrial park and it turns out the bike is at a freight salvage company. They buy semi truck loads of damaged goods from shippers and they turn around and resell what they can. Really cool guy running the business.

The bike is totally mint without a scratch. Never ridden and still has the manuals hanging from the springer. I ended up getting it cheaper than a Wal-Mart bike. Just need to figure out what to do about the fork and probably buy a new micro adjust seat post.

Will post a few photos when I get home this evening...this bike is cool. 8)

Re: P.U.B.

look forward to seeing what this looks like, cuz it sounds like you got one sweet deal! i've had a few deals like that, where something was defective, broken or missing and both parties walked away with a smile. when i got my 07' next power x softtail mountain bike, it listed at like $79, BUT when i pointed out the long scratch under the handlebars, a broken brake spring and a defective tire, i ended up paying $50 out the door. of course i took it haome and had everything fixed in like 3 hours.

Nice, you'll have to break in the built-in bottle opener with a nice cold Dr. Pepper while you swap the fork out :)

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

The flat foot technology is pretty cool...see seat tube angle.

I managed to get the fork somewhat straight, but it's still tweaked a bit. Will have to ride it some to see how it does.

It's an aluminum frame so it's a lightweight bike.

Hmmm....how to customize it a bit? :mrgreen:

Very cool bike, I took on Raleigh in 06 and tryed to get one of these but they were already sold out of them. I was lucky enough to get some of the reproduction choppers, I still have one left in the box. Sorry its not for sale right now.

The color name is "Stout."

It's sort of a dark dark brown color that almost looks black.

I guess they were inspired by a certain beer company from across the pond. :wink:

Nice find. Always thought those were cool. Nice and simple but definately stands out in the crowd of Electra's and Nirves.

I've decided to hang on to this one for a while...it's just too cool.

Been riding it around my neighborhood and it's a real smooth bike.

I only wish it was a 3 speed with a big 3" tire out back. :)

Rat Rod said:
I've decided to hang on to this one for a while...it's just too cool.

Been riding it around my neighborhood and it's a real smooth bike.

I only wish it was a 3 speed with a big 3" tire out back. :)

I think a guy like you could make that happen.. :wink:

Back