Northeastern Europe (Plus Rome) Bikes - Rome Too

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
My wife and I are enjoying the first leg of our European Christmas. Riga, Latvia has been a great city to visit. We are staying in the Old Town which is pedestrian only, but I have been surprised how few bikes we have seen. Maybe the snow has something to do with it.

We happened across the annual Santa Run which included a custom reindeer bike.
IMG_8909.jpg

IMG_8910.jpg

I found this cool vintage photo at a museum
IMG_8935.jpg

Here is one of the few non mountain bikes that I have seen.
IMG_8944.jpg

Re: Northeastern Europe Bikes - Riga, Latvia MO FATTA Bike

What are the chances of one MO FATTA MO BETTA bike builder coming across another one half a world away!!!!

The wife and I were having a great day walking around the snow covered streets in Riga and I walked up on this wicked creation!!!!!

IMG_8998.jpg

As I am snapping photos of all of the details (rims, jackshaft, overall MO FATTA MO BETTA badness), the owner comes over and I praised his super cool work. Very nice guy. He thinks he has heard of RRB and I told him that his bike MUST be posted here. He even offered for me to come by his garage to see his other creations. If I wasn't leaving for Vilnius at 7 am tomorrow, I would have found a way to get over there. I have his email though, so I will send him some Fugsley photos and invite him to RRB.

Check out this cold hotness!!!!

IMG_8999.jpg

IMG_9000.jpg

IMG_9001.jpg

IMG_9002.jpg

Take a look at how he made a headtube from an old Russian rear hub shell. This dude has skillz!!!
IMG_9003.jpg

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing
I like the handle bars on the crazy car tire bike (plus all the other odd stuff)

WOW! 100% RAT bike :)

Kingfish, next time you should definitely visit St-Petersburg/ Russia sometime around 20-24 June, we'll have White Night Kustom Awards Fest and Kruise. St-Petersburg is only about 500 km away from Riga :wink:

HippieKruiser said:
WOW! 100% RAT bike :)

Kingfish, next time you should definitely visit St-Petersburg/ Russia sometime around 20-24 June, we'll have White Night Kustom Awards Fest and Kruise. St-Petersburg is only about 500 km away from Riga :wink:

That would be very cool HK! We loved St. Petersburg when we were there as part of our first round-the-world trip. You live in an awesome city!!!!! We actually took the Trans-Siberian Railway from Moscow to Beijing (7 days) during that trip.

One last Riga bike. Basic city bike covered in snow, but it does have a built in bot lock on the seatstays.

bIMG_8996.jpg

Re: Northeastern Europe Bikes - Vilnius, Lithuania

Here are the bikes that I have seen in Vilnius, Lithuania

Basic ladies city bike

bIMG_9133.jpg

Cool mags on this MTB

bIMG_9130.jpg

Old Peugot mixte with decorations

bIMG_9116.jpg

Cool small folding bike used to advertise wine bar

bIMG_0074.jpg

Re: Northeastern Europe Bikes - Tallinn, Estonia

Haven't seen many bikes in Tallinn, Estonia yet, but check out what I just picked up from the Christmas Market . Most of these are silver fox and about 18" long. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I remember seeing people hang them from the backs of their bikes.

I started to just buy one or two, but I used Frankie's trick. It's all about the bundling, man!!! :mrgreen:

IMG_0278.jpg

Re: Northeastern Europe Bikes - Tallinn, Estonia Fur Tails

deven_science said:
Will you have a problem importing them into the States?

Shouldn't be a problem. I checked it out and it should only be an issue if these were some rare protected animals or if they were made from dogs or cats.

Re: Northeastern Europe Bikes - Tallinn, Estonia Fur Tails

Here is a frozen mini penny farthing

IMG_0380.jpg

And this bike was so cold the owner knitted a covering for it.

IMG_0409.jpg

Re: Northeastern Europe Bikes - Kiev Ukraine Outlaw3 RRBer

A couple of years ago I though it was very cool for me to meet up with RRBer Jake a different state.
Well tonight I met up with another RRBer in another country!
Outlaw3 (Ruslan) met my wife and I tonight in Kiev, Ukraine. It was a fun time.
This young guy has some cool bike building skills! I told him he needed to post pics of his earlier builds. His current build is the wicked Firebird TransAm build.

Here we are at the Black Piglet.

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

Re: Northeastern Europe Bikes - Kiev Ukraine Outlaw3 RRBer

Enjoying this thread, always love a bit of arm chair travel.

Re: Northeastern Europe Bikes - Warsaw Poland Find + Bikes

We have been in Warsaw, Poland for the past few days. I picked up a cool leather saddle at an antique shop.

bIMG_0890.jpg

I tried to get him to sell me the saddle from the one he keeps outside like a sign, but he wouldn't sell it.

bIMG_0629.jpg

I found this very funny in front of the same antique shop. An old army radio advertising Internet.

bIMG_0696.jpg

Cool cargo bike also used to draw peoples attention to the doorway of a business.

bIMG_0615.jpg

Little kids bike in front of the giant Christmas tree presents on the Royal Castle Square.

bIMG_0799.jpg

Cool super wide pedicab.

bIMG_0881.jpg

bIMG_0882.jpg

bIMG_0886.jpg

After we spent Christmas in Warsaw, we went to Rome, Italy. Here are some pics of bikes and other cool vehicles in Rome.

Sweet red Ducati
bIMG_1175.jpg

Pedicab in piazza in front of the Pantheon.
bIMG_1165.jpg

Weird little shop call Eclectica that had a Harley inside along with some Hitler tin soldiers and this case that reminded me of some of Tanksalots collection.
bIMG_1163.jpg

bIMG_1162.jpg

bIMG_1161.jpg

Old Mini
bIMG_1141.jpg

Cool window decoration
bIMG_1140.jpg

Nice Ferrari on the Via de Propaganda
bIMG_1139.jpg

bIMG_1138.jpg

Pedicab
bIMG_1133.jpg

Decent Dahon clone
bIMG_1114.jpg

SMART car with a SMART truck behind it
bIMG_1112.jpg

Nice Vespa
bIMG_1111.jpg

Another old Mini
bIMG_1108.jpg

This looked like a miniature VW bus to me.
bIMG_1106.jpg

Nothing special about the bike, but I loved the setting for a photo.
bIMG_1095.jpg

More Rome bikes and vehicles.

I was surprised to see a cantilever frame
bIMG_1093.jpg

Nice chrome bike with black Fat Franks
bIMG_1092.jpg

Cool Harley paint job
bIMG_1088.jpg

bIMG_1090.jpg

Nice bike shop that was next to a cafe that we had a wine and a beer at. There were some sweet bikes here. The brand was Romeo and they seemed to be well made.

bIMG_1085.jpg

bIMG_1086.jpg

bIMG_1084.jpg

bIMG_1083.jpg

bIMG_1082.jpg

bIMG_1081.jpg

bIMG_1079.jpg

bIMG_1078.jpg

bIMG_1077.jpg

I couldn't resist taking a photo of this morbid doll shop window. It was really freaky to walk by.
bIMG_1075.jpg

Harley
bIMG_1073.jpg

Cargo moped
bIMG_1072.jpg

Folder
bIMG_1067.jpg

This is for the old guys that remember the funny 70s spaghetti westerns "They Call Me Trinity" and such.
bIMG_1066.jpg

Nice porter rack on this bike.
bIMG_1061.jpg

Kissing SMART cars
bIMG_1056.jpg

I thought this was a pretty cool Mitsibishi truck
bIMG_1054.jpg

Chestnuts roasting on a open fire work trike
bIMG_1048.jpg

bIMG_1049.jpg

Old school U-tube folder
bIMG_1038.jpg

Old Fiat
bIMG_1027.jpg

Morning delivery from our hotel window (only 160 steps from the Trevi Fountain).
bIMG_0982.jpg

I thought the price was too good to be a full size Ferrari!!!!!!!
bIMG_0981.jpg

Nice Brompton folder
bIMG_0976.jpg

Wooden motorcycle
bIMG_0950.jpg

Family on the bridge near the Castle de St Angelo
bDSCN1637.jpg

Latest posts

Back