North Carolina RatRodBikers... CHECK IN! (map added 10/8/12)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: North Carolina RatRodBikers... CHECK IN!

Raleigh NC is the place to be. Tbere is an outstanding bike-friendly brewpub that may even be willing to host.

Chris Crew said:
Raleigh NC is the place to be. Tbere is an outstanding bike-friendly brewpub that may even be willing to host.

Tell me about this place.

Looks like a good time to bring this back. I'm surprised I never caught the original post. Mount Airy now, but I've lived in Huntersville, Iron Station, Denver, Lincolnton, Mooresville, Statesville in that order. Now I spend my time between Mount Airy and Winston, and up in the mtns whenever I get a chance

One more for the Bull City...Durham. I'm currently working on my 1st build, a 1948 Columbia.
Scot

nchooks said:
One more for the Bull City...Durham. I'm currently working on my 1st build, a 1948 Columbia.
Scot

I started with a 1950 Columbia, do work! Welcome.

Just found this tonight so I am checking in from Horneytown,N.C. and yes there is a Horneytown(LOL) in Forsyth County between High Point and Kernersville. http://northcarolina.hometownlocator.co ... eytown.cfm
I am about 2 hours from raleigh Been in love with bikes all my life found this site a few years ago and started collecting bikes to hopefully restore one day. So far a have a early 30's Schwinn and a 1950 Schwinn Boy's bikes. Been searching for parts to make the 30's bike back original for two years now.

A life long NC native near High Point but within a year will be moving to SC (beaches). I am recently retired and got hooked on this bike building stuff by necessity...needed a bike to ride at the beach and only had old rusty pieces of bikes.
Yes, there is a Horneytown and also a Climax. But one of the funniest names of NC towns is Whynot (seems the founders couldn't decide on a name and kept saying" why not name it_______ " until Whynot stuck.
Raleigh has a great bar/ restuarant area near downtown....could be fun!

menzorro said:
A life long NC native near High Point but within a year will be moving to SC (beaches).

Sorry to hear you're moving out of the good Carolina, have fun at the beach, you will miss it here. I have a friend that lives in High Point, so when it comes time to move and you don't know what to do with your leftover rusty pieces, get up with me and I'll have my friend store them... for me. :D

I'll keep you in mind since there will be lots of junk I won't be taking with me. I will hardly be inside the SC border and with a 10 minute drive and I can be back in North Carolina.
I've been thinking about building a version of your Sand Rover to take to the beach. If it works out, I will try to take pictures.

duncan said:
hey, Im Duncan Mitchell, 15 years old and i live in Concord NC.

Hey Duncan, welcome!

menzorro said:
I'll keep you in mind since there will be lots of junk I won't be taking with me. I will hardly be inside the SC border and with a 10 minute drive and I can be back in North Carolina.
I've been thinking about building a version of your Sand Rover to take to the beach. If it works out, I will try to take pictures.

Cool, I'm only a 10 minute or less drive from Virginia. Please do build your own fat tire beach bike, I love mine, and it has been tested on NC and SC beaches successfully.

I am a part time resident of Little Switzerland. About 45 minutes N.E. of Ashville right off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

g-ratter said:
I am a part time resident of Little Switzerland. About 45 minutes N.E. of Ashville right off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I've heard of that place... with a Florida "location" are you a snow bunny? :wink:

New guy from Lenoir. Looks like there are a few forum members in my neck of the woods. Finishing up a mountain bike refurb, and I really need to do a klunker or rat rod bike next!

Ken
bbcool.gif

motopsyco said:
Just re-located to Wilmington from S.C. Took a two month detour through Carolina Beach on the way here.

Very cool, hoping to spend a week in your neck of the woods first week in August, seems far off, but I have to plan ahead, taking the youth on a trip for Fort Caswell on Oak Island, probably be doing some mission work in Wilmington.

yoothgeye said:
g-ratter said:

I've heard of that place... with a Florida "location" are you a snow bunny? :wink:

As much as we can be. We still have a few more years before we are out of the " rat race" .

yoothgeye said:
motopsyco said:
Just re-located to Wilmington from S.C. Took a two month detour through Carolina Beach on the way here.

Very cool, hoping to spend a week in your neck of the woods first week in August, seems far off, but I have to plan ahead, taking the youth on a trip for Fort Caswell on Oak Island, probably be doing some mission work in Wilmington.

Cool, let me know if I can be of any assistance with the mission or if you just want to go riding. Wilmington has a fantastic trail & bike lane network.

motopsyco said:
Cool, let me know if I can be of any assistance with the mission or if you just want to go riding. Wilmington has a fantastic trail & bike lane network.

I'll be locked in at Fort Caswell all week, it's a really cool place and if you want you can visit it that week (I'll sign you in) and you can explore the forts. Once year I took a BMX bike with me on the trip and rode up onto the more dangerous parts of the forts, it was very fun. Maybe I can "sneak" in a tall bike this year.

I think y'all should get a gathering together this spring in Knotts Island, NC! I'll crash it! :mrgreen:

Back