North Carolina RatRodBikers... CHECK IN! (map added 10/8/12)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I did a little search before, and though many have come out as living in NC, there has been no attempt to compile all of us. So please, check in here and let's get a mental map going of where all of you are. I'm expecting most people to be west of Raleigh, let's see if I'm correct.

I'm Justin D. Fender and I live in Roanoke Rapids, NC. Roanoke Rapids is on Interstate 95 just 10 miles from Virginia. I grew up in Virginia, but after my first semester of college at Campbell University in Buies Creek, NC I knew I would be staying in this state. Since then I have lived in Greenville, NC, Williamston, NC, and Plymouth, NC.

You don't need to be as detailed as me, but please check in here and tell your NC friends on here that might not find this post on their own. Thanks.

I'll try to keep this updated, just made it through the 4th page, 10/9/12
ratmap.jpg

Re: North Carolina RatRodBikers... CHECK IN!

My GF/Next wife lives between Mt Airy and Winston Salem-and I drove a truck out of Siloam (south of Mt Airy) for 9 years before hanging it up...does that count? :mrgreen:

Roanoke Rapids Native. Neighbor and friend of Yoothgeye. NC State Grad. Girls Soccer coach.

Love to tinker with almost anything. Been riding bikes all my life, but lost the last 15 years or so on bikes due to job and small children. Children are old enough now to ride on trails so we are starting again. Put in 15 miles so far this week.

Started tinkering with bikes again last summer when I found Ratrodbikes.com.

Jeff

Lowdownminitrucker said:
My GF/Next wife lives between Mt Airy and Winston Salem-and I drove a truck out of Siloam (south of Mt Airy) for 9 years before hanging it up...does that count? :mrgreen:

Nope... haha.

rrednek said:
Roanoke Rapids Native. Neighbor and friend of Yoothgeye. NC State Grad. Girls Soccer coach.
Love to tinker with almost anything. Been riding bikes all my life, but lost the last 15 years or so on bikes due to job and small children. Children are old enough now to ride on trails so we are starting again. Put in 15 miles so far this week.
Started tinkering with bikes again last summer when I found Ratrodbikes.com.
Jeff

Thanks for checking in Jeff.

Big town of Newton,NC next to Hickory. Grew up other side of Boone next to Tenn. Little community called Silverstone.

yoothgeye said:
Lowdownminitrucker said:

Nope... haha.

:p :lol:

My name is Cody Carter and I also live in Roanoke Rapids NC lived here all my life.

Budeebro1 said:
Big town of Newton,NC next to Hickory. Grew up other side of Boone next to Tenn. Little community called Silverstone.
Wow, small world! I've lived here since spring 08, after 12 years in Va. beach. -Adam

Clayton, NC near Raleigh. I haven't really done much in the hobby lately, but maybe I'll sell off some of my cool bike stash sometime.

Hudson NC . approx 10 miles north of I-40 at exit 113. Near Hickory and Lenoir.

thom said:
Hudson NC . approx 10 miles north of I-40 at exit 113. Near Hickory and Lenoir.

So far, I'm right on about where we mostly can be found.

I think we should set a date and place to meet soon. Let's hear some suggestions as to when and where. What would work best , a Saturday or Sunday afternoon? Someone choose a central location and let's do it! I'm ready to load up a few bikes and be there! :D

Well, if you remember your North Carolina history (which I don't since I was raised in Virginia) you would know that the central most place in the state is Raleigh. Since there were no protected deep water ports in NC, they just chose the middle of the state to be the capital.

So I'd vote for Raleigh, though Greensboro may be better for all the westerners without totally shutting out any of us in the east.

I know Asheville has a good riding scene, but that's a good 6 hour trip for me. I don't know about riding in Raleigh or Greesnboro area. Of course it is summer, so why not OBX. :D

At the beach would be awsome. Come on ppl I know there are more ppl in the NC.

Durham, N.C. West of Raleigh about 15-18 miles. Haven't been on here in months but may be getting back soon as a regular. Rick

rgallen said:
Durham, N.C. West of Raleigh about 15-18 miles. Haven't been on here in months but may be getting back soon as a regular. Rick

Rick, sounds like you're the closest to us 3 here in Roanoke Rapids so far. Please do come back!

Back