NOOBIE form Michigan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well to start off i'm 17 and i have been riding bikes sence i was 3. at 14 i had to give of my love for bikes fur what i thought be forever. :( until august of last year i found out that i was eligible for bilateral total hip replacement. so by September 18 i was under the knife. three months later i got on my mountain bike and rode an exciting 1 block until the rear tire blew out lol what a great first ride!. but i worked hard on strengthening my legs i was able to make it around the block in low gear, and now i can ride 20miles at a time. but thats not how i got into bikes. i was out riding my go-cart a few months ago and saw an old schwin style bike ( i don't know too much about the old style of bikes) i raced home and got my dad to get his truck. lol. when we got there we notice it was an old sears. s3ence then we have been going tout twice a week looking for bikes that have been thrown away and 20 bikes later were now trying to sell some to support me freak bike hobby. lol. so far the only things i build are a mountain swing bike and spincycle (being painted).

well here is a picture of the sears i found. sorry i don't have a picture of it all together, i forgot to grab the camera.
S5030132.jpg

thanks man i have good plans for this bike and a few others lol i have pics posted of my other bikes tomorrow.

Hey Rob! Welcome from Kalamazoo!
Where abouts are you at?
Glad to hear about your successful operation, dont know what i would have done if i couldnt have ridden bikes at that age... :shock:

tomb said:
Hey Rob! Welcome from Kalamazoo!
Where abouts are you at?
Glad to hear about your successful operation, dont know what i would have done if i couldnt have ridden bikes at that age... :shock:
thanks that means a lot. i live in sterling heights (MACOMB)

Schwinnspastic said:
perseverance in the face of adversity ...good on ya !! the cycling is one of the best forms of exercise being low impact and great cardio ...jeez gets my blood pumpin' :p
welcome to Rat World
and boy do i know it! lol i love bikes its the best hobby i had so farlol.

Hey rob, Welcome to the site. Your going to love it here, Im 16 great to have some1 else my age on the site lol. What flea market you and your dad sell at?

Welcome! I really dig the Sears bike...needs a set of ape hangers, I think. I work in Sterling Hts. & live in Dearborn. If you didn't know, there's a cool used bike shop in your neck of the woods called East Side Bikes on Van Dyke near 10 Mile. Place is crammed with vintage bikes--lotsa Schwinns, etc. & parts--prices are fair, much better than ebay.

Wow! The whole state of Michigan must be getting ratty and freaky! :shock:

Welcome to the board! I love to hear happy stories of peoples lives and how they overcome the crap that's thrown unto them. You are an inspiration! 8)

That Sears bike is just the ticket for cruising in some of the upcoming rides around Michigan! Check out the Events section of this board.

Hope to ride with you soon,
Chainsaw

Back